Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this your dog?

f9d83b50-be1e-4266-9eaf-b23c764c21d3.jpg

LOL..!!!
I'd like to see my dog Coco in that "suit"....:D

We're expecting our first real rain of the season. I pulled the old and leaky polycarbonate roof off my patio last weekend, I've replaced it twice in the last 12 years and wanted something long lasting so I went to a Fabral Metal panel. It's 33'x12' and took about 12 hours spread over sat and sun to finish but it was just in time, it was starting to rain lightly as we left for work this morn. We'll see how well I did tonight when the heavy rain hits. (heavy for us is a couple of inches)patioFrame.jpgPatioRoof.jpg

We're expecting our first real rain of the season. I pulled the old and leaky polycarbonate roof off my patio last weekend, I've replaced it twice in the last 12 years and wanted something long lasting so I went to a Fabral Metal panel. It's 33'x12' and took about 12 hours spread over sat and sun to finish but it was just in time, it was starting to rain lightly as we left for work this morn. We'll see how well I did tonight when the heavy rain hits. (heavy for us is a couple of inches)View attachment 45760View attachment 45761

You'll like that stuff. May be darker underneath but it'll last. Nice job! Forget about it for 25 years minimum. Some of the newer paints, they have 40-year guarantees on them. If you find it is too hot under there, stretch some "double bubble" silver insulation up from underneath and tack it in. Really cuts the radiant heat down. When it gets time to do the roof, do that with it too. I did mine, never have regretted it. I put down silver "double bubble" insulation over my shingles, laid down the 1 x 4 purlins over that, then screwed the metal down. My AC bills went down, as did my heating bills. But in the South here (and there, too), it is the AC bill reduction I liked seeing!

10403403_10203150658021213_5470084566623856911_n.jpg

You'll like that stuff. May be darker underneath but it'll last. Nice job! Forget about it for 25 years minimum. Some of the newer paints, they have 40-year guarantees on them. If you find it is too hot under there, stretch some "double bubble" silver insulation up from underneath and tack it in. Really cuts the radiant heat down. When it gets time to do the roof, do that with it too. I did mine, never have regretted it. I put down silver "double bubble" insulation over my shingles, laid down the 1 x 4 purlins over that, then screwed the metal down. My AC bills went down, as did my heating bills. But in the South here (and there, too), it is the AC bill reduction I liked seeing!

View attachment 45781
Great to hear, thanks, sort of planning on selling it and moving eastwards in 5 years. Sounds like I'm done playing with roofs here anyway!
Mike

Great to hear, thanks, sort of planning on selling it and moving eastwards in 5 years. Sounds like I'm done playing with roofs here anyway!
Mike

Good deal. My motto on repairs is, I want to be dead before it needs this again. :se

Yea, the "La Tuna" fire back in September was a couple miles away from their house but over on the back side of the Verdugo mountain range that is above their house. This slide was a result of the recent rain storm. Luckily the canyon doesn't run towards their house but turns away from them so they had about an inch of rain but nothing else.

Are your kids out of all danger from the mud slides?

Yea, the "La Tuna" fire back in September was a couple miles away from their house but over on the back side of the Verdugo mountain range that is above their house. This slide was a result of the recent rain storm. Luckily the canyon doesn't run towards their house but turns away from them so they had about an inch of rain but nothing else.

That's certainly good news. Wish everyone else could have fared as well.

I'm glad you're family is ok!
Saw that video the other day. That's nuts! It got much worse after the car passed. I wonder if that guy/gal was successful in outrunning the slide.
I watched that video on the news and thought the same thing.
Horrible storm!

The link contains an interview with him. Looks like both he, his GF and the Prius are all OK. This was nothing compared to the flash flood slide that same morning up North in Montecito (Ophra) which is right next to Santa Barbara. That is the one where all the deaths have occured. Our daughter who lives in Burbank now went to UCSB and the year she started they had a horrible mud slide in La Conchita which is about 15 miles down the 101 from UCSB. A dad went out to get ice cream for his family and while he was out the slide happened and wiped out his house and entire family. Including wife and three out of four children.

Saw that video the other day. That's nuts! It got much worse after the car passed. I wonder if that guy/gal was successful in outrunning the slide.

Back