Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many do you have? I'd like to get a few more even if they're cheapies otherwise this one gets moved around more often then I'd like.

I'm having trouble reading the card by just sticking it in the computer slot. PC will sometimes read it and other times not - mostly not. I'm able to hook up the entire camera via USB cable but that of course becomes a pain in the butt. Think I'll set it in a spot and leave it for a week and then see what it captured.

Oh, what capture mode and what time delay are you using with your trail cam? My brother tells me that video mode (mine has 2)) isn't really worth using but that still leaves me with 4 picture modes and 4-5 time delay settings. Sometimes simpler is better.

This one coming to me will make 2. It has a 60 foot range so it ought to be a bit better than my $25 one. I know there's a place for high dollar cameras but I also know that a lot of them get stolen, so I'm sticking to the cheap ones, even on my own place. I know people trespass, so just as soon lose the cheapos.

AFAIK, there is only one setting on this camera. I just set it up and let it go.

Thing about this Wildgame Innovations Terra 10MP that's coming from Dick's Sporting Goods is, they'll ship it to me free. So I have $44 in it with tax. Of course, I'll still have another $20-$30 in card and batteries.

Try to place your camera in edge habitat, facing along the edge, or in funnel areas, like where a woods comes to a point or opens out onto grassland, or near a water feature. If there are fences around, set up perpendicular to the fence.

Also, if your SD card doesn't read well, you can get a USB reader at Wally World for about $10 or so. Card goes in it, it goes in your USB port. That's what I use, since my puter is old. Just collected my camera from its spot from last week. Here's two new shots. I had it set up where a woods opens out onto a pasture. Did not get as many pix as when I had it in the funnel area near a fence. I'm also using my photo editing stuff to crop the pix.

I've now identified three different bucks on my place. I have only ever seen a buck in daylight once and that was a couple years ago. But they are there!
HUNT17.JPG HUNT19.JPG

Bill, reading the tech specs it says my Primos Bulletproof is <1.3 seconds trigger speed. It is not adjustable. Shrug. The Wildgame Innovations has sub 1-second shutter speed and a greater range, for about $10 more. Better in every way than what I have - more LEDs, greater range, etc. Primos is 6 MP, Wildgame is 10 MP. Here's a link. I'll post how well it does once it gets here and has a week in the field. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...0mp-17wgiutrr10mprswrtch/17wgiutrr10mprswrtch

UNDER EDIT: Looks like the sale is gone now, price up $10.

Last edited:
It amazes me what some folks consider fun... :eek: [Taken this morning while out on a short "puppy" hike.]
It's nice if you catch something and you know the ice under you is a few inches thick. Definitely not thick enough yet down here, our lake just iced over yesterday, I'd imagine about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick at most.

very cool, nice accomplishment!

As noted previously. The Astronomical Society of France published my Messier 45 (The Pleiades Cluster) image. They said the cover, but it ended up being a full page images within the magazine and I think I'm happier about that because the Pleiades on the cover was miss-mashed with other stuff covering a huge portion of it.

Anyhow, they sent me around seven copies of the January magazine with my picture and they came in today.

It's obviously in French, but the blue square on the right hand page is where I'm credited with the image.

IhAmAT30E6yvwzDYDKVCwVyA7PQLIlodYnvw3RaRqrUilSMbtdvoZ-X4yrs4hL0e0gS8c0n-tMy5MHfwHIHDnvVwdX3kzHgzaTbL_zXJLPUZeVJD9_713QeL6wkJabn6-4PRE2RLd6Fa5ngpWf_Dn8k91EZyWMeqpCQYTWkr1sOjQdfPKab1r4MdjQRz3UTdOSakgLhHvHEXSWNu3VLH8y9iW5JSoBPUFC-2cKMK8GvAeA_NEIrmndykFVy-1ZVr8fZZX8BUY6-qAuF13725gUkUKQk55aouVVMEMV82P-XSYKjrkkWvZV56FhvsCazNf0FgCZn6E39DKuTnFFRCxo48yggtkUOpyOoCuGXGzo15_r4W5hkKaQO3mGwUCfl9MZH1AvySQoeAZYNeuDAjuizcKK3PdZEFeoE5InsUuxKm6IX2UV-B5Enqu3jRIBKwMxeMI4rUcDFqOLZWbiKNjGYeWyXE9f4nPTyP4Ei5pssiSxm3PucKfvoJq1FFzi7uRcAJVBiuv3wJKr-6cmucBj46oxAjnEeInvOpIYBQQSL26PjT2MBtcZxLYauuXpaXagPQurXl4C27JbwlB-xtRbrG4kTX4_zCLON3hHoz7YVhyEQn84hOdFMSDM8AYnNBGCZ2vIIBhySInN4f9EMyRfQyAkw5rSsAtw=w731-h974-no
w

NO! You should be watching the Mummer's Parade: http://phl17.com/live/ (Livestream of the Mummer's Parade.)

Gonna be tough to compete with Fralinger this year.
All the older women in my fam used to all sit there each with their own copies of the daily news with the mummers lineup (all folded the exact same way) watching as they write down their own scoring. Mostly talking trash and arguing throughout. Miss that.

My very first trail cam photo of a deer (bottom right corner). Looks like a six pointer.
Also, a handful of doe but I won't bother you with those images...
[Most images came out black or were of my dog running around the side yard.]

MFDC0002.JPG

Latest posts

Back