Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love those pics @pjd ! Can you tell me what your shooting with and a little about the settings you used? I'm assuming the shot from inside the bridge is HDR.

Love those pics @pjd ! Can you tell me what your shooting with and a little about the settings you used? I'm assuming the shot from inside the bridge is HDR.

Boatboy24, thanks! I use a Canon T3i. I usually take 3 exposures and process them with Photomatix and Lightroom. Sometimes I can get a little carried away on the HDR processing but if i'm careful, the HDR software sure brings clarity and detail to the photo.

Very nice Gary!

Can you give us some specifics? What type of grape? how long did you have it sit on the skins, etc?

I also notice that you are using rubber gloves. How do you expect to become a member of the "Society of the Purple Palms"? :)

Nice bladder press.

Last edited:
Very nice Gary!

Can you give us some specifics? What type of grape? how long did you have it sit on the skins, etc?

I also notice that you are using rubber gloves. How do you expect to become a member of the "Society of the Purple Palms"? :)

Nice bladder press.

Hi John,

We did two pressings: Koch Cab and Lanza Cab from Napa. After crushing we left must sit at around 45-50 degrees for 3 days before adding yeast. PH was a bit high for both, 3.52 for Lanza and 3.57 for Koch. After the pressing we opened the 2013 Koch cab we made last year and recently bottled. It was really nice with great tannin structure and mouth feel; young so fruit was forward but not jammy at all. That wonderful cab cassis flavor along with blackberry came right through. LOL. I did not wear gloves but some of my fellow club members are a bit pristine.

Under 2 weeks now till we get the keys. Can't wait. Winemaking however took a back seat this summer. Last batch was strawberry in the spring. Oh well, such is life. I'll just have to pick up the slack next year.

0547771cd72236f8eaf1c885f9066016.jpg

Very nice! Congrats and looks big enough to have a spot dedicated to making wine! :br

Under 2 weeks now till we get the keys. Can't wait. Winemaking however took a back seat this summer. Last batch was strawberry in the spring. Oh well, such is life. I'll just have to pick up the slack next year.

Thanks everybody. There is a nice workbench in the basement I'll be making use of for wine along with all the other hobbies. It might take a year or so to get properly settled in but it will be worth it. Going to build a bottle rack and the 9 yards.

Plowboy, very nice home. Looks like a "walk out" lower level which is very conducive to making wine. You don't have to lug stuff up and down the cellar steps like many of us do. Good luck with your new home.

It has taken some time but my our cat Mattie has finally picked up how to chill from it's younger sister, Emmielou'

mattie chillin.jpg

emmy chillin.jpg

Some photos from my four day shakedown hike last week in the Shawnee State Park, in preparation for my Appalachian Trail Thru-Hike Next year. No fancy software enhancements, here. These pictures are real.

I think I made some good choices with my gear. Everything meshed well. You can read all about my outing here: http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=476944

100_1131.jpg

100_1136.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Latest posts

Back