Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry about your mess plowboy. That looks nasty. We had a street pipe go once and the water came into our basement up to the 3rd riser. Lost a lot, saved some, but what a cleanup!

Well pumped all day and haven't made much headway. Just holding things at bay. It was a warm day so the big melt continues. If I keep the pump running overnight it might catch up sooner or later.

Well pumped all day and haven't made much headway. Just holding things at bay. It was a warm day so the big melt continues. If I keep the pump running overnight it might catch up sooner or later.

Ouch! Let's hope for sooner!!

Progress.

y8utubuz.jpg

The pump in the barn managed to drop the water level 1/2 a foot or so. The temp has dropped below freezing so all the pumps had to be tucked away in the heated shop.

In other news I found the worlds worst ice fishing spot

Hey, Jim! Here's where me an twenty-one of my friends had lunch on Friday. Mine's the red one (covered in mud) right in front of the flag pole. This was our annual "March Mudness Ride".

IMG_0770.jpg

We crossed paths with a group of guys riding the side by sides in the fall and they looked miserable. It was cold and raining and the water holes they where crossing where up to there chests. I'm positive they where soaked to the bone and we where high, dry and warm in the jeeps.

Makes me thankful I went the jeep route. Much more comfy and it can go on the highway

We crossed paths with a group of guys riding the side by sides in the fall and they looked miserable. It was cold and raining and the water holes they where crossing where up to there chests. I'm positive they where soaked to the bone and we where high, dry and warm in the jeeps.

Makes me thankful I went the jeep route. Much more comfy and it can go on the highway

Lol, my husband and I use to ride bikes on the road and did quads on the trails. Gave that up and went to Jeeps. Jeeps are better! We have one cj7, 2 yjs, one jk and one jku. Two sons each have a tj.

Once I build a killer trailer to go with my TJ I'll have the ultimate sportsman ride. It's going to be a sudo camper trailer that could also tow a moose out of the bush. I just haven't had the time or drive to get it done. My welder actually got frozen to the ground in one of the out buildings. Odds are I would have busted the cart chipping it out lol

With all due respect to the Jeepers (they are very cool!), I can go places on my Grizzly that Jeeps fear to tread. I'd love to see some Jeepin' pictures, though! :br

The SxS guys tend to sit much closer to the water than the ATV's. We crossed some deep creeks that got some of their butts wet! They were following my lead, so twas not my problem. ::

Jim, nice looking motor.

However, if it had been me, I would have installed the little rubber pipe from the intake to the waterpump while putting the water pump on since it's such a pita to install after the fact.

I love Zion. I was out there about ten years ago. Never did get to Angel, but we did a couple miles of The Narrows. Zion is one of the coolest places I've ever seen.

I've heard from others that Utah is one of the most beautiful places to travel to. And great campgrounds.

Gorgeous pics Paul.

Simply amazing Paul!!!!!

Where exactly is Zion?

Zion national park is in Utah.

I love Zion. I was out there about ten years ago. Never did get to Angel, but we did a couple miles of The Narrows. Zion is one of the coolest places I've ever seen.

I've heard from others that Utah is one of the most beautiful places to travel to. And great campgrounds.

Gorgeous pics Paul.

As Greg said, Zion National Park is in Utah, at the far southern edge. It is about 2 hours outside of Vegas, north of the Grand Canyon. It is part of the "Grand Staircase" in Arizona and Utah (The Grand Canyon is A, Zion is E, and Bryce is H:
450px-Grand_Staircase.jpg

I was also there about 10 years ago, and set off with my brother-in-law to climb Angel's Landing. You have to climb, IIRC, about 800' before you get to a side trail to the base of a narrow fin of rock with 1200' dropoffs on either side, and then climb about 400' to the promontory. Well, when we got to that fin, my BIL wimped out, and I had no choice, really, but to back out as well. For 10 years I regretted not being able to finish it.

So last year, I went back. My wife and I did lots of hiking, but she is somewhat scared of heights, and did not want to do Angel's Landing, either. She left for a business trip before me, so, on the day after she left, I was raring to go to Angel's Landing. I started at dawn, and was on the peak by 8:30. Almost felt like a letdown! Then I went farther on the backcountry trail (West Rim Trail), covering about 9 miles (and an additional 2000' elevation) out, and of course 9 miles back. As I was passing the spur trail to Angel's landing on the way back, I said, "What the hell?" and climbed it again! I slept well that night!

Jim, I didn't get to do any of the Narrows. It was a little cold water for that, as far as I am concerned! (It was March.) But I bet it was beautiful. Raelene, I have to admit that I wimped out and slept in a "campsite" with four walls and a bed. :) But you are right -- it is beee-yooo-teee-ful country.

Back