Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, nice looking motor.

However, if it had been me, I would have installed the little rubber pipe from the intake to the waterpump while putting the water pump on since it's such a pita to install after the fact.

Very easy to do, I have done lots of them.

As Greg said, Zion National Park is in Utah, at the far southern edge. It is about 2 hours outside of Vegas, north of the Grand Canyon. It is part of the "Grand Staircase" in Arizona and Utah (The Grand Canyon is A, Zion is E, and Bryce is H:
450px-Grand_Staircase.jpg

I was also there about 10 years ago, and set off with my brother-in-law to climb Angel's Landing. You have to climb, IIRC, about 800' before you get to a side trail to the base of a narrow fin of rock with 1200' dropoffs on either side, and then climb about 400' to the promontory. Well, when we got to that fin, my BIL wimped out, and I had no choice, really, but to back out as well. For 10 years I regretted not being able to finish it.

So last year, I went back. My wife and I did lots of hiking, but she is somewhat scared of heights, and did not want to do Angel's Landing, either. She left for a business trip before me, so, on the day after she left, I was raring to go to Angel's Landing. I started at dawn, and was on the peak by 8:30. Almost felt like a letdown! Then I went farther on the backcountry trail (West Rim Trail), covering about 9 miles (and an additional 2000' elevation) out, and of course 9 miles back. As I was passing the spur trail to Angel's landing on the way back, I said, "What the hell?" and climbed it again! I slept well that night!

Jim, I didn't get to do any of the Narrows. It was a little cold water for that, as far as I am concerned! (It was March.) But I bet it was beautiful. Raelene, I have to admit that I wimped out and slept in a "campsite" with four walls and a bed. :) But you are right -- it is beee-yooo-teee-ful country.

Every time I see pix of Zion it makes my knees hurt. Gorgeous country, though all around there. There's a lot to see in all those "4 Corners" states. We wandered around that whole territory on back roads and trails back in '05. (Knees were much better then.)

Not a photo but a really cool short you tube video. Rick Mereki spent 44 days, traveling 38,000 miles, across 11 countries, just to film this one-minute video. The concept is simple, but boy, what a video. Don’t blink at 0:28!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8sLZq4b6io"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8sLZq4b6io[/ame]

I've got a few to share from Bryce and Sedona

The pictures bring back memories. When the children were younger we had a motorhome and drove cross country 3 summers in a row. We visited most of the national parks out west. Thanks, Bakervinyard

Who wants to feel the heat from one of my fires from last summer?? I do!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1395710059.217321.jpg

Love all your photos folks! Awesome!

Last edited:
Back