Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to the side of my garage today, to do some tree trimming, and found these. the long thing is the banana stalk, with a big bloom on the end.
when the flower is open the bananas are ready to pick..

banana.jpg

bloomon the end.jpg

went to the side of my garage today, to do some tree trimming, and found these. the long thing is the banana stalk, with a big bloom on the end.

that is soooo awesome James!!

Wow, I have only seen a banana tree produce one or two times in Texas. My understanding is it has a lot to do with how cold it gets the previous winter.

it cost 150.00 to make a dog look like that, i had no idea...I have only had dogs that did not need grooming, (black Labs).

James, the way it is explained to me is some dogs have hair and some have fur. Dogs with hair need cut periodically and fur does not but fur covered dogs shed. Poodles have hair and need grooming about every 6 weeks or so. I should have got them social security numbers and claimed them on my income tax.

I have nothing to do with this picture of terraced vineyards, but I love it. I came across it while looking for something else (of course) wine related on Wikipedia. It is from the Douro Valley in Portugal:
Oporto_terraced_vineyards.jpg

And since this is a picture thread.

Rattlesnake. Odds are its the first and last ill come across. Not many rattlers here in the great white north

DSC_5424.jpg

rocky, yes to the ssn...lol
i really didnt know that it was that expensive to groom a dog.
but you know, when i eat steak my dog eats steak,if i eat chicken so does the dog .there like kids to us.

Nawww, I let the little guy go. They are a endangered or at risk critter up here. Not very lethal ether compared to the Cottenmouth or water moccasins.

Dude in Alabama hit this rattler with a switch (stick to you Yankees) and killed it. Country boy can survive. 15 rattles so about that old in years. Said he had a gun but when it showed its head he was too shaky to fire, so he cut the switch quick and nailed that sucker, then shot it in the head for good measure. Drove it home in his truck bed, danged thing moved while dead when he got home.

Case any tenderfoots out there don't know it, do not handle a dead rattler. They can still bite and inject you while dead. No lie.

Oh yeah - 5 foot 8 inches.

UNDER EDIT: Wild. Plowboy just posted a rattler above and I did not even know it when I made this post. LOL.

Last edited:
My wife took this picture several years ago when she went with her mom (filled a last minute cancellation) on a Holyland tour. To this day it's one of my favorites that either one of us has taken.

DSC_0075 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back