Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nawww, I let the little guy go. They are a endangered or at risk critter up here. Not very lethal ether compared to the Cottenmouth or water moccasins.

I didn't think you had rattlers either in Canada. You certainly don't have cottonmouth or water moccasins do you?

Dude in Alabama hit this rattler with a switch (stick to you Yankees) and killed it. Country boy can survive. 15 rattles so about that old in years. Said he had a gun but when it showed its head he was too shaky to fire, so he cut the switch quick and nailed that sucker, then shot it in the head for good measure. Drove it home in his truck bed, danged thing moved while dead when he got home.

Case any tenderfoots out there don't know it, do not handle a dead rattler. They can still bite and inject you while dead. No lie.

Oh yeah - 5 foot 8 inches.

UNDER EDIT: Wild. Plowboy just posted a rattler above and I did not even know it when I made this post. LOL.

That is either one really short dude, or that snake is a lot more than 5 foot 8.

Nope, nothing that mean here. I think there might be diamondbacks out in Alberta but don't quote me on that.

We do have garders, puffatters and rat snakes. Nothing that will send you to the ER

Now that looks like time well spent. Please let us know how the chocolate port came out.

Hi Lori,

I've made several batches of it. It's from Amazon. I get great reviews on it.

It goes great with a cigar around the camp fire. Definitely a sipping wine and very sweet.

It's cute alright. But rabbit season is about to open up and i learned from Elmer Fudds mistakes. Lol

image-3154290058.jpg

Last edited:
I get the feeling I am looking at Noah's ark. Is that intentional for this museum design?

Well, I don't really know. Wikipedia has this to say:

The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation selected Frank Gehry as the architect, and its director, Thomas Krens, encouraged him to design something daring and innovative.[10] The curves on the exterior of the building were intended to appear random; the architect said that "the randomness of the curves are designed to catch the light".[11]

It is a striking, beautiful building in person, from any angle. Here is another picture (not mine this time):
Guggenheim_Museum,_Bilbao,_July_2010_(06).JPG

He also gave a similar treatment for the Disney Concert Hall in LA:
WaltDisneyConcertHall.jpeg

Latest posts

Back