Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitting for this week especially! LOL

12246803_10153095642680981_4159490952034069882_n.jpg

Didn't say they were main characters. But the old hillbilly couple were married. There was a couple Andy and his girl went out with (don't know the names) more too, but I'd have to put in some effort to find them.

BUT-----nobody even remembers the married couples!!!!! Almost everyone I know is single---and a number who were never married. The divorced, among the now singles, swear never to marry again. I just laugh at them because I think being single is the NORMAL way to be. Marriage has far too many pitfalls. I don't have time for all the drama of it.

We took this bottle of wine from the new Lynchurg, TN, winery (right downtown in the shadow of Jack Daniel's)...

... to Rosecrest Farm and Guesthouse, a Paris, Ky., thoroughbred horse farm right next door to the famous Claiborne Farm, the home of the illustrious Secretariat. We saw a Secretariat grandson at Rosecrest. We stayed in the Derby Suite, which is the entire upper floor of the house. Beautiful Friday and Saturday, got back home just in time for clouds to gather. Co-owner with her husband, Charles, Lyra Miller was a perfect host, and the guest house is separate from the farm house. Just a perfect couple days! Delicious breakfast and a farm tour. Wonderful. Enjoy the pix...

I don't REMEMBER being scorned!!!!

What I DO remember is what the nuns taught us in Catholic School---there are 3 vocations in life. The religious life, the married life, and the single life. I just always really identified with being single. It's a much easier state for me to function in rather than being tied to someone else's wishes and desires. I get plenty of female companionship, however--my winemaking buddy is a woman. That's GOT to count for something--LOL.

I don't REMEMBER being scorned!!!!

What I DO remember is what the nuns taught us in Catholic School---there are 3 vocations in life. The religious life, the married life, and the single life. I just always really identified with being single. It's a much easier state for me to function in rather than being tied to someone else's wishes and desires. I get plenty of female companionship, however--my winemaking buddy is a woman. That's GOT to count for something--LOL.

Oh How I remember the Nuns. I even had one pull me out of a confessional by the ear. LOL

If it wasn't for the Catholic Faith we wouldn't have need half the Psychologists in the country. They sure loved putting the guilt on us.

Back