Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this place is gorgeous. Now I have to plan a month long stay.

Steve

Sorry to say, Mike, they would not accept credit cards or checks (for the accommodations) when I was there. This may have changed so you should check with whomever you make your arrangements. What I did was arrange a bank transfer of the money for the apartment. We brought over about 4000 Euros and we had our bank cards and used them at ATMs for our other cash. The other large expenditure, our car, was paid with a credit card. Most other transactions, e.g. food, souvenirs, fees, etc. were paid in cash. The ATMs are everywhere and we never had a problem.

I am really high of Cretaiole and especially Isabella. She is a remarkable woman, very pleasant, speaks English, Italian, German and French and seems to know how to get anything done. There are daily activities which are totally at the guest's discretion to participate. We did things like a tour of a Winery in Montalcino (The name was Le Prezi and they told us all about Brunello and Rosso di Montalcino) and included an outstanding meal in the cellar next to all the huge barrels, an Olive Oil tasting (Carlo, who is Isabella's husband and appears in pictures on the website with a pony tail, is a licensed Olive Oil Judge and Taster), a tour of a working farm, again with an outstanding meal and a meal at Sant' Ann in Camprena, which was a monastery but is now an Agriturismo. It was also featured in "The English Patient and was the site where he convalesced, if you saw the movie. Like I said, we had a car (Alfa Romeo Turbo Diesel 4 door sedan, which I was upgraded to because they did not have the Fiat I requested!) and we made many trips around the area. It is ideally located, close to Rome, Siena, Florence, Perugia and about 10-15 miles from Montalcino and Montepulciano.

Like I have said here on the forum, if I ever hit the lottery...

Thanks guys.I thought I was just tooo...lol. I'm not sure of the company that did them. My daughter had them done. There was 6 in all.Didn't want to flood you with all of them so I picked my fav.2.(I think.keep changing my mind on them ;) )

it's what's for dinner

Tonight some ribeye steak and my 2013 Syrah!!!!

buff%2015_zpsagsndlqo.jpg

These are free range animals in the sand hills of NE.

buf6_zps6844d632.jpg

buf7_zpscb58d5d0.jpg

Last edited:
LOL, Now for all the slow, tedious, tile work, grout work, trim work, paint work, caulk work, lighting, fixtures, hardware…..

The fun never stops on a DIY bathroom remodel!

Nope, I am using Swanstone fiberglass material on the walls and ceiling over the tub/shower. High-dollar but it goes up pretty fast once cut accurately to size. Adheres with silicone (though I am also going to use some Powergrab, just to be sure, especially on the ceiling). Hope to get some or all of it up this coming weekend.

We first saw this stuff at condos we stay at on the beach. About a quarter inch thick, nice stuff, and you can maintain it by hanging a squeegee in the shower and squeegeeing it down once in awhile before you get out. I saw that and ... SOLD!!! ;) Never looked at anything else.

The walls are beadboard panels. The floor is Pergo. Once the tub area is done, things should roll right along.

Oh yea very familiar with Swanstone. We used it in our DIY master bath remodel back in 2006. Used it for the new vanity top and got a matching new shower base. We ended up going with 12x12 tile in the shower area. So far it has help up nicely. Like you we tore the shower down to the studs and built it back from from there with all the latest water tight materials that were not around when the house was built back in the early 70's. Should outlast us this time around!

WOW are you brave! Pergo in the bathroom. I would be scared to death due to moisture and water, the two biggest enemies of Pergo.I love Pergo and put it in my Family and Living Room. Eventually thinking about replacing carpet in bedrooms with it.

Latest posts

Back