Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On facebook I see so many innovative things one can build with simple wooden pallets. I have seen deck furniture, pool fences, wine racks, you name it. I googled some ideas and here is a great thing to do with wooden pallets. A great idea for the upcoming winter.

pallet fire.jpg

CLYjPyWUEAAPbZC.jpg

Grenache & shiraz ... brothers from other mothers

Holidays: the cottage week/weekends.

We went out to Winnipeg Beach/Gimli for a week and enjoyed all of the Viking-ness out there. Missed the Viking festival by a week, but there's still lots to do and see!

We did hit the film festival: 30' screen in the middle of the water and you camp out on the beach to watch at sunset. So much fun!

There was also a water spout (tornado) just five minutes from our cabin - which we slept through :)

Thank goodness it wasn't the tornado that hit Southern Manitoba last week that was on the ground for 3 hours. So scary!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...hwest-manitoba-lasts-nearly-3-hours-1.3170346

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_20150721_123959.jpg

IMG_20150724_082909.jpg

First confirmed armadillo at my farm. Dead at the end of my driveway Sunday at 6:30 a.m. About 2 feet long. I used disposable surgical gloves to move him off the road, since they can be leprosy carriers. They have been moving north for some time. So, two things we did not have 25 years ago are here now: fire ants and armadillos.

Wow, did not know that were that far east. Growing up in Texas they were everywhere it seems.

Speaking of things that used to not be found this far North, we now have quite the population of White Wing Doves in Northern New Mexico. They seem to have migrated from either parts of Texas or perhaps Arizona. They usually do not like cold weather. Perhaps another sign of global warming of sorts. They are huge almost the size of a pigeon and seem to always be seen in pairs. They are rather soothing to listen to in the mornings and they love to eat ants.

Dove_White-winged_2_-_Cave_Creek_Ranch_AZ.jpg

Auburn University Zoology professors along with some graduate students have launched an ambitious research program to determine what drives armadillos to die on the side of or on roads.

Latest posts

Back