Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! My Sister in Law is Mexican and she brought it back for the kids.

It's their favrouite :)

This is a pear port my wife and I made. Fortified with pear infused brandy.

Wonderful legs. Great pear nose and taste, then you get a hint of cinnamon and vanilla followed by just a bit of heat and finally pear after taste. This is going to be great after a few years. Not bad now.

1435532086466.jpg

Wonderful legs. Great pear nose and taste, then you get a hint of cinnamon and vanilla followed by just a bit of heat and finally pear after taste. This is going to be great after a few years. Not bad now.

Are you sharing the recipe for this anywhere?

I have ingredients for a pear wine that I want to make but I'd like to look over a few other ideas.

Made? or drank?

You need to fill those bottles up so there isn't so much headspace. :)

Are you sharing the recipe for this anywhere?

I have ingredients for a pear wine that I want to make but I'd like to look over a few other ideas.

The recipe was fairly standard. The fancy part was making pear brandy, cut up enough pears to fill your jar (I think that was 5 or so for me), 4 cups sugar, add brandy, for me that was 1.5 liters. That sugar is 2 cups per 750 ml. Shake every couple of weeks, add more sugar, if desired to taste. Leave at least 6-8 weeks.

The port was 4 bushels of pears quartered to remove seeds. Then we ran them thru a juicer. 3 or 4 gallons of water, added sugar to 1.100, some tannin, triple the amount of pectin enzyme. Yeast nutrient. I believe we used 71b yeast. After Venegas went down to 1.020, added sugar back up to 1.040 and some extra yeast nutrient, repeated until yeast gave up. Clearing was a pain in the keister.

Sounds good to me!

1908194_10152847874800981_7068184747628014750_n.jpg

Ok you winos, . . . .oh, I'm sorry, . . .wine connoisseurs

You probably like cheese. Here is one I got the other day and it is not real expensive but definitely good.

white oak cheddar.jpg

Latest posts

Back