Pictures of your wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. So that's the universal ones I'm currently using for my 5/6 gallon carboys? They can be flipped upside down for wine bottles or do I need something smaller? I usually put any extra wine in a wine bottle to top my carboys off, or I put them in the 1 gallon jug using a 6.5 bung.

Very cool. So that's the universal ones I'm currently using for my 5/6 gallon carboys? They can be flipped upside down for wine bottles or do I need something smaller? I usually put any extra wine in a wine bottle to top my carboys off, or I put them in the 1 gallon jug using a 6.5 bung.

The one bung that is upside down is the smallest one I could buy I did that just to try it because I had see someone else on our forum had done it. Also Midwest sell a regular looking bung that will fit inside a wine bottle just like the larger bungs that we use in our carboys

6 gal Island Mist Strawberry White Merlot
1 gal & 1/2 gal Door County Cherry Wine
3 gal Vinter's Harvest Raspberry
3 gal Vinter's Harvest Plum

Wine2011 002.jpg

This is my home-made wine rack. Just some 2x10s, holds about 28 bottles in each square so about 240 bottles all together. Never have gotten it full though, but I'm trying. From top to bottom you see WE Estate Barolo, WE Montepulciano, Kenridge Grenach/Syrah/Mourvedra, WE Merlot, WE Lodi Ranch Cab Sav, WE Luna rossa, WE Stag's Leap Merlot, some leftover Island Mists and a Mojito Twisted Mist on the right. Not much left of that either.

The boxes on the left are the "Hide Aways", a case from each kit that I'm saving for the two-year mark. Each box has the month and year written on it. Only about half of those are full.

rack.jpg

Below is my production area:

Left Front is Kenridge GSM, still fermenting.
Left Back is WE Estate Barolo, crystal clear and ready to bottle.
Middle is WE Luna Rossa, aged two months and still clearing (I ran this on the Kenridge grape pack).
Right Front is WE Italian Sangiovese, clearing.
Right Back is WE Limited Brunello, clearing.

In the middle is my Jesus fish that I use to tilt the carboys when racking, and you see my 14.4 V flashlight that I use to check clarity.

carboys.jpg

Last edited:
6 gal Island Mist Strawberry White Merlot
1 gal & 1/2 gal Door County Cherry Wine
3 gal Vinter's Harvest Raspberry
3 gal Vinter's Harvest Plum

Kanib, that's some of the prettiest wine I've ever seen. Very Nice!

Very cool rack and 2x10's no less. Is it braced so it won't rack from left to right at all? It might not be full now but it won't be long before you're building another one.

Thanks jdeere. If these turn out I need to move into the next arena with some varietal kits. I need to build a wine rack in my cellar and your idea is the one that I've been the most tempted to build. You get alot of bottles in the smallest area with that design. You have quite a collection going.

No cross bracing required, some of the angled boards are continuous, they run directly from left side to right side, so they are the cross-braces. It's worked out great so I will be building another. Takes about 3 hours.

I figure I've made 600+ bottles of wine in the last 15 months, but the problem is that both my wife and I like to drink wine, and we like to have company that likes to drink wine, so it doesn't fill the rack as fast as you might think :d

Here are couple shots of the small wine cellar under the steps to the basement. Let me introduce you to my family. Hiding in the back is the shy strawberry Port. He likes hiding behind his big brother RJS Aussie Cabernet Sauvignon, Big Sister RJS Big Sister California White Zin, and New entry is the RJS Cellar Classic Valpolicella. In Bottles are WE Pinot Noir, WE German Meuller-thurgau, and RJS California Syrah. Some of the wine is planned as gifts for wedding guests at our son's wedding reception in June. It is small but temperatures should be fairly consistent.

Made the wine rack over Christmas.

Based on the carboys I'll need to build another rack. Our son gets married in May (cruise ship and we are going:h). His room may become an wine guest room.:try Vicky may not see it that way.

For you empty carboy counters, one left but have a RJS Grand Cru Int BC Pinot Noir ready to go into the primary.

The last pic is Jordan Pond. Looks more like a frozen waste land. Soon, so soon.

Wine Cellar 1.jpg

Wine Cellar 2.jpg

Jordan Pond Winter.jpg

It is interesting to see peoples setups and what equipment they use. Good pictures all!

Here is Loquat Skeeter Pee, Acerola (Barbados Cherry), Dovyalis X (Tropical Apricot), and loquat. Lychee in the primary - not pictured.

Wine 1.jpg

Great pictures! I really enjoyed looking at every single one of them. And to think I was doing good having 2 batches going at once. What a laugh! I have a lot of catching up to do to play with the big dogs.:br

Here's our first attempt at Lilac, the day in went under the airlock:

PA260004.jpg

It looked nice, but smelled like asparagus going into the jug.

2 weeks later, it smelled better but the prettiness faded:

PA310001.jpg

Still, it's the first time I ever made anything this color before.

Here's some rhubarb in the carboy:

PA090001.jpg

One more, not wine yet but enough dandelion petals for a one gallon batch:

P1010003-2.jpg

Tim

Latest posts

Back