Pictures of your wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No 60
I needed the 2 carboys so I had to bottle.

Truebrew, I see a beer chiller there, do you also make beer?

That's my husband's area of expertise. Yummy stuff and it's time to do a new batch. I'm the one that got into the wine making, stealing much of his equipment to do it!

Looks nice and clear. Now, how does it taste? :dg

Looks very nice and although it doesnt grow around here I love it, that and Muscadine.

It tastes nice and light very dry. You can taste the scuppernong on the finish. It is long on the palete taste lingers for a while. But it is light on body I hope that when I sweeten with honey it will bring some body back to it.

Here's my cranberry Skeeter Pee. But I'm sad, it's already all gone!

CranSkeeterPee1s.jpg

Can I ask for your cranberry skeeter pee recipe? Also, you have any suggestions on how I would do a strawberry flavored one?

The cranberry Skeeter Pee uses the standard Skeeter Pee recipe. I started it with a batch of Cran-Grape wine I was making. The Cran-grape used frozen concentrate and I used the concord grape juice, so the slurry was dark enough to impart this red color. The Skeeter Pee recipe is at Skeeterpee.com

Thanks Lon. I'm not able to find any sort of frozen strawberry concentrate so I'm thinking maybe I could put some crushed strawberries in the mix. I think I will do a little more research though because maybe an original skeeter pee would be my best bet for being a first timer.

saintprovogirl, what I have heard somepeople do is make the original EP recipe and then once it is complet sweeten it with syrup so if you could find a strawberry syrup you could try that.. Just an idea.:sm

odd every one of the scupps I've done has been extremely heavy on the body to the point where dilution is almost impossible not to do.

It tastes nice and light very dry. You can taste the scuppernong on the finish. It is long on the palete taste lingers for a while. But it is light on body I hope that when I sweeten with honey it will bring some body back to it.

saintprovogirl, what I have heard somepeople do is make the original EP recipe and then once it is complet sweeten it with syrup so if you could find a strawberry syrup you could try that.. Just an idea.:sm

Very good idea Brian! I could use a strawberry syrup to back sweeten! Gracias!

Very good idea Brian! I could use a strawberry syrup to back sweeten! Gracias!

You are quite welcome but I can't take credit for the idea. It was an idea that Big Jeff from Nova-Scotia talked about in another thread. This place is awesome like that. Everybody helps each other out making us all better wine makers.. Enjoy!

You are quite welcome but I can't take credit for the idea. It was an idea that Big Jeff from Nova-Scotia talked about in another thread. This place is awesome like that. Everybody helps each other out making us all better wine makers.. Enjoy!

So I was thinking (been doing a lot of that lately!) that maybe when I create a simple syrup for back sweetening I could fill a nylon bag with strawberries and stew them in the sugar mix. Will this give my Skeeter Pee enough strawberry flavor you think?

That might work but I am not sure and would hate to advise you to do that without knowing. I am sure others on here have opinions or experiance.. :a1:a1:a1

Latest posts

Back