Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave that was juice from Walkers. It was very high in acid (15). I removed one gallon and kept that on ice for later. I added a gallon of water back in at 21 brix. When I was ready to back sweeten I reduced the gallon of juice I held back to about half (simmered) for an f-pack and added my sugar to that. I then blended it back into the original batch.

Terry's Peach Niagara

Ok, who all got a bottle of this stuff?

For those who got a bottle if this wine please take my advice, get it off of your wine rack and hide it!!!!!!!!!!

This stuff is so dam good the last thing you will want to do is share it with anyone!

Peach flavor is very strong, great mouth feel and very smooth.

Congrats Terry, this is one dam good wine!

For those who got a bottle if this wine please take my advice, get it off of your wine rack and hide it!!!!!!!!!!

This stuff is so dam good the last thing you will want to do is share it with anyone!

I agree 100%, we ended up with 2 bottles of it and I still have one left. Saving for later in the summer.

Terry's Peach Niagara

How about a recipe? Terry??
Niagara is one of my favorites, and Peach Niagara sounds great!

I think I missed out on the Peach Niagara. Bummer! I do have a bottle of Dan's Orange Mango still to try. That sounds interesting.

I consumed a bottle of Julie's 2011 Cherry Wine last night. Still nicely tart after a year and a half. Just as I like them. Nicely balanced for sweetness, and a lingering hint of butter. Cherries tend to do that! I enjoyed it very much! Thanks, Julie!

Hey Gang, I just had a bottle of Shoebiedoo's Merlot today with some homemade sauce, bread and meatballs. If any of you can work a trade with him, I highly recommend it. A truly great wine! Way to go, Steve!

Hey Gang, I just had a bottle of Shoebiedoo's Merlot today with some homemade sauce, bread and meatballs. If any of you can work a trade with him, I highly recommend it. A truly great wine! Way to go, Steve!

Gee Thanks Rocky :hug

ALWAYS a good swap

shoebiedoo,always makes a good swap, consistent in all the traditional wine formats ,package is completed ,always a winner.:mny

Dangerdave

TOOK TO DINNER LAST NIGHT A TRAMINER-RIESLING,FROM THE D-MAN,EXCELLENT IN EVERY ASPECT OF A BLENDED WINE GREAT TASTE AND COLOR GOOD LEGS,A TREAT TO TASTE,MY FELLOW WINE MAKERS WHO WERE WITH ME ALSO STATED THEIR EXCELLENCE IN THE MAKE-UP OF THE WINE.

GOOD JOB D-MAN,,NEXT MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WINE DRAGONS BLOOD..:u

AKA//// DANGERDAVE

Thank you, Joe. I knew you'd like it. For those interested, this was a Wine Expert Selection International Australian Traminer-Riesling kit. I enhanced it with some Golder California Raisins in the primary. My best white wine yet!

Having recoverd my palate from a 19 or 20 day cold, I am drinking tonight saramc's chocolate raspberry mead. This has to be her at the height of her winemaking prowess. It is like the liquid version of biting into a cordial, that beautiful blend of cocoa and fruit and the lovely melted mouthfeel of honey.

The honey teases in the nose, a bouquet that foretells the treat to come. It lingers in the aftertaste, an incentive to take the next luxurious sip.

Yet this is no lightweight, and after two small glasses I feel quite fantastic!

A very good wine, and my mouth is signalling my brain about what we have learned together tonight. And to think I was worried about trying a chocolate wine! Mmmm...

Thank you, Joe. I knew you'd like it. For those interested, this was a Wine Expert Selection International Australian Traminer-Riesling kit. I enhanced it with some Golder California Raisins in the primary. My best white wine yet!

Dave, I have 2 kits of WE Australian Chardonnay and I plan to put raisins and oak powder in secondary fir that extra "je nas sais quois"

outside the box

raisins in the secondary, the only way to fly. Nice job guy's:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db

Joe, How long do I leave them in there? They are swelled up sour grapes now but the airlocks are still bubbling away after a month in the secondary.

rasins in the wine

they should plump up, you notice the small bubbles that are forming, that is the secondary that I speak of, let this happen and it will dissipate on it's own, once this is done ,rack into a clean carboy and then be patient, what type of wine are you doing?

time is on your side now, please keep me informed. Yours..........jp...thanks for following the thread..jp :db:db:dbwhere are you located in Franklinville,I also live there?

Joe I left mine in for about 4 weeks. As you can see in an earlier post I made I completed fermentation and mlf with everything in the secondary.

Joe, I have some Chilean Malbec and Carmenere from juice buckets running. The malbec I added 1 pound of raisins to each 6 gallon carboy and 4 oz french oak chips. the Carmenere I added 1 Pound raisins and 4 oz american oak to each carboy. I added 2 tsp wine tannins to each as well. I started these April 13, racked to secondary one week later with the raisins and oak. The wine was nearly dry when I racked it, about .990. I just do not know how long to leave the raisins in. Do I wait untill they stop bubbling? I did pull out a couple raisins and tasted them. totally sour, no sugar left but certaily a winey - grapey flavor. I may use then in a sauce when smoking a pork butt!

Latest posts

Back