RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin Peach Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First250

Reaction score
Just saw an Orchard Breezin topic and though I'd give an update on my experience with the Peach Chardonnay.

Over the last year I tried two OB Peach Chardonnay kits. The first I made exactly per the instructions. Many people love it. One friend who does not care for wine loves it. Mywife finds it too sweet, as I suspected she might.We boththink it has a fantastic flavor, but is a bit sweet.

The second kit I made as Wade ,I believe, suggested some time ago. I bumped the SSG with sugar to about 1.090 and reserved half the f-pac until after fermentation.Still a great flavor butnot as sweet .EVERYONE who has tried this one loves it, including my Better Half. Thanks again for the suggestion! I hope to keep thisin stock .

Do you think the S.G. level at the outset was about right, or would you add more sugar from the get-go? Also, if you had to do it over again, would you consider adding the whole f-pac at the beginning, instead of only half?

I think they are perfect and would not push the sg any further myself. Glad to be of help!

Back