WineXpert Tweaking Peach Apricot Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just saw this kit on sale. Thing is, I'm not a fan of sweet wines. Would it be possible to tweak this by:

-pumping up the abv to ~11% (only adding water up to 5 gallons instead of 6 as @joeswine suggests, and adding fpack and sugar as needed after that)
-adding most of the f-pack in primary
-add the rest of fpack to bottle carb as a sparkling wine in flip top beer bottles, maybe backsweetening with xylitol just enough to bring out the peach apricot but not be overbearingly sweet
-maybe a few months sur lie with D47? I love buttery flavors.

Would this turn out good? Or is it too much for a kit like this? Cut out one/more steps or add steps or just forget the whole thing?

Last edited:
To each his or her own, do you want a peach wine ? Or a sparkling wine?
If it's a kit what brand?
I would bump up the ABV, add fresh peaches to the primary and take it from there.
If it comes with a Fpac add it in the end to your taste a little at a time until you achieve your goals.
There's a lot you can do with a kit if your going to use it for a base .

It's the Winexpert Island Mist Peach Apricot Chardonnay with 7.5kg base and 1.5kg fpack. I think a sparkling wine might be more the goal, but I've never tried one of these kits so I don't know how strong the flavor is.

Sweet and soft probably is the final outcome straight out of the box.
I can see wanting to make a sparking wine. (yum), what I would do is first make the base wine to my. Taste once I know I had that down then the next batch , Sparkling Yes.

Back