ON Canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have posted a few times into the beginners forum and figured it was time to introduce myself.

I am really new into the whole wine making shenanigans.

I made some wine at the local Ubrew wine kit place, and thought to myself:

"Self, you could make this kit a whole lot better than what they are doing for you."

Also I feel that I have a need to prove that you can actually make really good home made wine, to my friends and family as I'm sure that every one has a story when they have had some really bad home made wine.

I start this journey with Kit wines, to get my nose wet and to get a good solid intro to the theory behind everything and hope to try some apple/cider wine fall 2011.

Being from Ontario it would be sacrilegious if I don't eventually start trying country wine, as the availability of fresh produce is in so abundance around me it would be terrible not to take advantage of it.

So my journey has begun.

I ordered a fall promotion LE Celler Craft Rosso Fortissimo Kit. Upon opening this kit and with all of the extra items that came along with it, I decided that I had better start with something a whole lot easier.

I promptly ordered up and started a dry white merlot kit.

As it stands the white merlot is in the clarifying stage, and I have started the Rosso. It is now in secondary fermentation.

I will take this time to thank you all in advance for all your input that I will need and I hope that one day I can be the one passing on sound advice.

Ty

Welcome aboard. As you have already probably found out, if you come up with and questions or problems, the folks here are always ready to help. Arne.

Welcome to the family of wine you will have a lot of fun frist thing you know that is all you can think about

Welcome Ty. I got my winemaking start in Stratford, and yes, after moving to Minnesota, I do miss the fresh produce available at your farmers' markets.

Back