Oh, the waiting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fish1onthefly said:
I have no problem keeping the bottles empty for my next batch!

Well you and I are free of the same problem. I have tons of clean bottles yet I use the same ones over and over.
smiley36.gif

And I'm still waiting. I checked the SG today on the Blackberry Cabernet. Its 1.030. Looks like I might get to take it out of the primary in a couple of days and put it in the carboy.

I guess I dont do anything to the JAO mead for a long time huh? Just go look and make sure no bear has tried to steal the honey out of it huh?

I guess I need to start another gallon of something just so that I have something to do..

The jao you leave alone for a few days to let the fermentation settle, then you can top it up. Please be patient with that because you don't want the carboy puking up your golden nectar. I've got a gallon of Kumquat that is fixin to get bottled this coming weekend. Its two months old and crystal clear.

gaudet said:
The jao you leave alone for a few days to let the fermentation settle, then you can top it up. Please be patient with that because you don't want the carboy puking up your golden nectar. I've got a gallon of Kumquat that is fixin to get bottled this coming weekend. Its two months old and crystal clear.

Neither of my batches is a week old and its driving me nuts. Maybe I should make beer to drink while I am watching the wine, que no¿

mjdtexan said:
Neither of my batches is a week old and its driving me nuts. Maybe I should make beer to drink while I am watching the wine, que no¿

Sounds like a good idea. I started a batch of beer Saturday morning and after some vigorous fermenting, the bubbling has really subsided less than three days later. I just gave it a good stir and checked. The gravity is 1.020 already! I'll be drinking this in no time. It started out as a red ale and I boosted it a bit.

Wade I had to put it on hold last year when the middle son took to drinking big time. In 3 months he polished off 2 - 5 gallon batches of beer and 120-150 bottles of wine. It's all under lock and key and he is dry as far as we can tell. I figured I would make myself a batch or two for summer.

Glad to hear that he is better or at least we all hope. I forgot all about that matter that put him in the hospital. Does that stuff still grow in your barn or do you wash it down with bleach or something?

Latest posts

Back