Quantcast

Newbie from Pennsylvania

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

PA_Amateur

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all!
I took an interest in wine making a few years ago but got really serious the last few months. I got a nice kit for Christmas and started my first batch 3 weeks ago. I recently racked it from my primary to my carboy and now I'm busting playing the waiting game. I got a crappy corker with my kit and was wondering anyone had recommendations on a floor corner? ImageUploadedByWine Making1484573870.576795.jpg

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome PA'er from another PA'er!

bkisel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Another Pennsylvanian here! Moved to Wellsboro, PA from Southbury, CT July of 2015. [BTW, people from CT (the Nutmeg State) are often referred to as Nutmegers. Are people from PA ever referred to as Keystoners?]

Last edited:

PA_Amateur

Junior
Reaction score
Not that I know of, but I'm close to Pittsburgh and we are frequently called pittsburghers

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
O'Fallon, MO - Just NorthWest of St. Louis, MO
Any ideas on a good floor corker or are they all the same?
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here. I am a big fan of the Italian floor corker. Brass jaws, longer (easier to use) handle. Should last most home winemakers a lifetime, not much more expensive than the red Portuguese made one.

Brickhouse

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I don't have any corker recommendations because I'm yet to cork my first batch, but good luck.

bkisel

Reaction score
Another Italian Floor Corker fan here. Got mine as a Christmas gift a few years ago.

Bodenski

Reaction score
Welcome!

My crappy non-floor corker works OK. I do gallon batches, so it isn't as much to do at once. Some folks here have a lot crazier bottling day than I'll ever have!

Merrywine

Reaction score
Welcome from Long Island. I brew little beer and make a little wine and have a Colona capper / corker, but a floor corker would be a wise investment for you if you are making 5 or more gallons or frequent batches.

kevinlfifer

Reaction score
I have a winged corker, But with 120 gal needing to be bottled I've put a floor corker on my gift list.

Troll

Reaction score
i bought one that called it portugeese but it looked like an italian for $75 and it has worked through the last few hundred flawlessly.:fsh

Crashlaz

Junior
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Another Pennsylvanian here! Moved to Wellsboro, PA from Southbury, CT July of 2015. [BTW, people from CT (the Nutmeg State) are often referred to as Nutmegers. Are people from PA ever referred to as Keystoners?]

Hey im new and am from Galeton, pa. nice to see someone close to me!

bkisel

Reaction score
I was in Gains just a few hours ago. Did a 7 mile hike with a couple of friends using the Bee Tree Ski Trail back to Ansonia.

ceeaton

Fifth year
Reaction score
We have a cabin just North of Colton Pt State Park on Pine Creek. Welcome to the Forum! Maybe we'll cross paths in April when my brothers and I are up for a long weekend.