New Member From El Paso

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car-Boy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have been making wine for two years and just stumbled onto this site. I wish I had stumbled sooner.. Y'all have some excellent information that is and would have been very helpful. I will keep reading, stumbling, and making more wine ...not necessarily in that order!
smiley4.gif

Welcome to the forum Car-Boy. Hope you find it useful and share your experiences with us too.

Welcome Car-Boy. Myself I read a bit, drink some wine while making it and begin stumbling if I sample too much. Tell us what you make more often - kits, fruit, grapes, etc.

Welcome Car-Boy,

I have stumbled a time or two also, there is much help when needed just ask.

Once you have made as much wine as some of us you will be stumbling a little more often!
smiley36.gif
Welcome and hope you hang around with this big family!

Thanks for all your warm welcome replies and good wishes! I have made about 20 kits so far, mostly Cellar Craft. I really like the crushed grape packs. Some of the wine kits I have made are Merlot, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Melbec, Barbera, Amarone, South African Pinotage, Tempranillo, Riesling, White Zin, and Trio Blanca. Yesterday I bottled akit of Riesling, Cabernet, and Amarone.

Those are some nice wines you have done, do you have a cellar for all these great wines and a camera?
smiley4.gif
We like pics here!
Edited by: wade

Yes, I have a cellar in my basement. I will takw some pics and try to figure how to post them.

Welcome Carboy! You have been very industrious in two years, making over 20 wine kits. Good to have a winemaker from El Paso.

Thanks for the tutorial, I will try to post some pics this evening. I have been pretty busy making wine for the past two years. I make it in my basement(perfect envrionment)with my bro-in-law, so we split the wineand costs. We have 3 carboys and two primary fermenting buckets. The hard part is letting it age for very long.
smiley9.gif

Why did I not think of that??? Next time I need a wine rack I will just steal one from a store.
smiley36.gif

Welcome to the forum.

The rack on the left is supported by two leggs that come out from the sides on the floor. You can barely see them if you look close. I got the racks from a friend of a friend who stocks chips and other goodies at convience stores in El Paso.

The bottles are supported by wire racks in a broad V shape. You can see them on the racks that have a smaller ammount of bottles.

Back