New in erie pa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmarch68

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all
my name is Jack and ive been making wine for a while now and just started with beer. Getting ready to start some pumpkin wine but feel I need to figure a few things out before I get started.
Anybody else in here from around erie or waterford?

Boy did you ask a loaded question I think 90 percent of our forum lives in Pa

Hi Jmarch68,

There are quite a few of us from Western PA. I am about 2 hour drive from you, Runningwolf lives in Edinboro. We do try to get together once in awhile and you are more than welcome to join us.

Welcome to winemakingtalk.

Jack welcome to the obsession. Lots of great folks on here and very knowledgeable. Feel free to ask questions any time and let us know what you're up to. Steve (djrockinsteve) has been making pumpkin wine. Nice to have another peson in the area. What else have you made?

Julie, are you a jeeper? Were are goin whelin this sunday in Union city on private land with eriejeeppeople if your interested. Were always happy to have new people.

I have made over 20 different kinds of wine and 4 or 5 different kinds of Skeeter Pee. Only made 1 batch of beer so far but im due to start another one. I have an orange mead from a recipe I found on ar15 and a grapefruit mead I started because I had a grapefruit sitting around. No recipe for that one just winging it. my next adventure will be pumpkin wine from half of a recipe I got off here but I need to figure some stuff out first. I posted in a pumpkin wine thread but havent got any answers yet. Hopefully soon, I really want to start it!

Thanks for the welcome!

Julie, are you a jeeper? Were are goin whelin this sunday in Union city on private land with eriejeeppeople if your interested. Were always happy to have new people.

I have made over 20 different kinds of wine and 4 or 5 different kinds of Skeeter Pee. Only made 1 batch of beer so far but im due to start another one. I have an orange mead from a recipe I found on ar15 and a grapefruit mead I started because I had a grapefruit sitting around. No recipe for that one just winging it. my next adventure will be pumpkin wine from half of a recipe I got off here but I need to figure some stuff out first. I posted in a pumpkin wine thread but havent got any answers yet. Hopefully soon, I really want to start it!

Thanks for the welcome!

Holy crap, yes my husband and I are jeepers!!!! Actually we with 11 other friends have started a club, you can check out our site at justjeepin.org. Didn't know about the wheelin in Union City. You ever go out to Rock Run? Pm me when you guys got something going on, if we don't have anything else planned we will be there. And my husband makes beer, lol. Boy I think we have a lot in common, lol, yes you did get my attention.

Yea I get most of my stuff from presque isle. They are only a few miles from where I work. I also get some from walkers and jerilu fruits (spelling?) on the bayfront highway.
Do you get into shooting also?

Welcome Jmarch! South central PAer here but we don't discriminate here... hehehe

Yea I get most of my stuff from presque isle. They are only a few miles from where I work. I also get some from walkers and jerilu fruits (spelling?) on the bayfront highway.
Do you get into shooting also?

I'm headed up to walkers this weekend. I need a few more things to start. Get everything else at Presque Isle when I get a chance to get there. Need to quit hanging out there. The more juice I buy the more carboys I keep buying. As far as the Chilean and California buckets your getting we'll steer you in a better direction than Jerilu's.

Yea I need to get up there too. I wouldnt mind picking up some more juice myself. Just been kinda hard lately, with all the extra hours ive been puting in at work and archery hunting. hopefully soon.

What ya planning on getting? I tried some Lambrusco my neighbor made and would really like to start some.

Welcome welcome!!

Just went to Walkers. They have new hours 1-5 only M-Sat

Met SarahRides and exchanged gifts. Went to Walkers and got Chambourcin, Fredonia, Rhubarb and a 50/50 blend of niagara and concord.

Walkers will no longer blend your wines but they did mine.

Back to Sarah. Great gal and her mom is really nice. Just a shame we live away from some of us.

Back