Need bottle storage ideas for closet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecrewking

Reaction score
Looking for a DIY bottle storage project that's simple and to the point. I've looked at the forum a bit but wondering if anyone's done something similar or comparable? Thanks for any ideas.

Here's the space I have to store my bottles.
qsa9g5.jpg

If you are not looking for fancy, Lon (from skeeter pee.com) used some old pallets for wine racks. You would have to cut them to fit the closet. Easy, cheap, not very pretty. Or a fellow could custom build shelves or racks. Lots more work, probably could fit more bottles in. Good luck with it, Arne.

I would simply do tilt back shelves. The width & depth of the closet and what material you use for the shelving would determine the shelf spacing. Maybe 3/4" plywood would allow for 2 or more rows of bottles. Reinforced shelving would allow for more rows to be held and less shelving to be fabricated.

Crew, what is the function of the pipe in the rear of the closet? Is that pipe something to which you would need access? You may need to consider that when considering to go with either temporary or permanent shelving.

Milk crates are a wine makers friend, they hold carboys safely, empty bottles, and storage for aging. They stack great on their side with a small stick under the front edge.

IMG_0650.jpg

Crew, what is the function of the pipe in the rear of the closet? Is that pipe something to which you would need access? You may need to consider that when considering to go with either temporary or permanent shelving.

Looks like its going into a sump pump well. Hopefully, you never need to access it. Just keep in mind that you may have to, should you decide to build something permanent. You want to be able to get in there.

Congrats on the new place, CrewKing!

Looks like its going into a sump pump well. Hopefully, you never need to access it. Just keep in mind that you may have to, should you decide to build something permanent. You want to be able to get in there.

Congrats on the new place, CrewKing!

nice catch Jim !!

Latest posts

Back