Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred, you mentioned the weekend of June 23, right?

If I could do this then Friday the 22 until Sunday the 24 to get the 2 nights.
We have a family vacation trip in April, out of the country.

In June, my wife and I have a very likely and possible trip out of the country again but I think we will be back on June 16, so I will be back home the weekend prior to this meetup.

Based on the rates you got at $168.40/night, we're looking at $336.80 with all taxes and fees included, plus meals.

I will discuss this with my wife to see if we can budget for this meetup.

Great, just let me know please. It will be plus the festival fee of $25.00 ea but there are a lot of free activities.

Just got off the phone with Splitrock via the 888 number on the sheet and the lovely woman Maryanne working reservations has no information in her system about the Fred Black Group, I just emailed her the rate sheet you posted.

Just got off the phone with Splitrock via the 888 number on the sheet and the lovely woman Maryanne working reservations has no information in her system about the Fred Black Group, I just emailed her the rate sheet you posted.

Greg, the person in charge of group rates will get the contract to me on Monday. He did put a hold on the rooms though. I couldn't even book mine till then.

Mentioned this to my wife, I think there is a very good chance we come since it falls between her spring and summer classes. I will post once she gets a chance to look over the particulars, but around $400 and a wine festival you can walk to is all she needed to hear!

Our plan is to drive up Friday after work, come home Sunday afternoon. How much wine should I bring? Is that allowed (I know it's not at the Festival). BTW, many of the wineries featured are ones that attend the Gettysburg Festival every September, didn't have a bad wine, some a little too sweet for my taste, though.

If I can make this trip, maybe we can share a car rental and go together, if you want.

That's possible. I host a monthly wine tasting event every 3rd Sunday. We had our meeting last night and I actually ask them if they were interested in possibly attending this wine festival also. The group has another winemaker in it also, though he makes mostly fruit wines from trees his family owns on their properties. He doesn't make any from grapes.

So far, I've met @ceeaton and one other member.
And all of you naysayers note, she lived to tell about it! It may have taken a while for her ears to readjust to a lack of babble after meeting me, but nevertheless, she survived in good enough condition to post here.

PS. My wife has looked at the available information about the weekend and seems to still have a positive attitude. So other than finding a new leash for me, I think it is a go for us to attend.

Mentioned this to my wife, I think there is a very good chance we come since it falls between her spring and summer classes. I will post once she gets a chance to look over the particulars, but around $400 and a wine festival you can walk to is all she needed to hear!

Our plan is to drive up Friday after work, come home Sunday afternoon. How much wine should I bring? Is that allowed (I know it's not at the Festival). BTW, many of the wineries featured are ones that attend the Gettysburg Festival every September, didn't have a bad wine, some a little too sweet for my taste, though.

I'm also trying to set up some kind of meeting room or pavilion for us to share our wines but I keep forgetting to ask. I won't have much of a selection to bring except for a few kit wines but will bring some juice bucket and grape wines if you promise not to open them for awhile. Depending on the final count I was planning on bringing 2 cases.

We can now book our rooms, please see below.

Hi Fred,
Please see attached for the executed letter of agreement. Members of your group will now be able to call in and book reservations. The block is listed under Fred Black Group and the number for reservations is 800.255.7625, in house reservations. Please feel free to reach out with any feedback or questions.

Latest posts

Back