Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to Split Rock yesterday and we only have 4 rooms booked. I know @tjgaul booked outside the group and probably can't change it. @heatherd did you have a chance to change yours to the group? Who I think booked through the group are myself, @ceeaton, @Ajmassa5983 and possibly @pgentile. The group name is "Fred Black Group" if you did not. We need 80% booking to get the rate which is 4 more rooms. I know there is still time and a few others have shown an interest. Anyone else?

I spoke to Split Rock yesterday and we only have 4 rooms booked. I know @tjgaul booked outside the group and probably can't change it. @heatherd did you have a chance to change yours to the group? Who I think booked through the group are myself, @ceeaton, @Ajmassa5983 and possibly @pgentile. The group name is "Fred Black Group" if you did not. We need 80% booking to get the rate which is 4 more rooms. I know there is still time and a few others have shown an interest. Anyone else?
I haven't yet, but thanks for reminding me...

Any way to post a summary?

Full dates and prices?

I have been away from this tread for a while now. I have interest if you guys can put up with me.

I have some figuring out to do for this thing. Unfortunately the last conversation we had about it was in the kitchen- right next to the fridge. Noticed the “save the date” for a wedding we are going to—on Sat June 23rd.
BUT not all is lost. The wedding just so happens to be up the mts. Beyond the poconos near Elk. So split rock is on the way.
Now thinking taking off Monday-staying up Elk sat night- wine festival Sunday with a room- leaving Mon morning.

I have some figuring out to do for this thing. Unfortunately the last conversation we had about it was in the kitchen- right next to the fridge. Noticed the “save the date” for a wedding we are going to—on Sat June 23rd.
BUT not all is lost. The wedding just so happens to be up the mts. Beyond the poconos near Elk. So split rock is on the way.
Now thinking taking off Monday-staying up Elk sat night- wine festival Sunday with a room- leaving Mon morning.

That's a bite. I think all the activity is happening Saturday and our private get together Saturday night. There is a 2 night minimum but perhaps if someone just wants to stay Saturday night only they could split you booking. BTW, does that make golfing Sunday morning?

That's a bite. I think all the activity is happening Saturday and our private get together Saturday night. There is a 2 night minimum but perhaps if someone just wants to stay Saturday night only they could split you booking. BTW, does that make golfing Sunday morning?

Gotta talk to the ‘boss’ about it mainly. Plus Maryanne who deals in customer service is super nice and accommodating. I’ve spoken with her twice now.
It’s a bummer it falls smack dab in the middle of it- really threw a wrench into the gears. Normally I’d just bail on the wedding but it’s one of MY childhood friends- not hers. I’ll figure it out. Need to look into all the particulars and come up with an ideal plan. I know we’ll be there to enjoy one of the days- but unfortunately Saturday day will not be one of the options.

Gotta talk to the ‘boss’ about it mainly. Plus Maryanne who deals in customer service is super nice and accommodating. I’ve spoken with her twice now.
It’s a bummer it falls smack dab in the middle of it- really threw a wrench into the gears. Normally I’d just bail on the wedding but it’s one of MY childhood friends- not hers. I’ll figure it out. Need to look into all the particulars and come up with an ideal plan. I know we’ll be there to enjoy one of the days- but unfortunately Saturday day will not be one of the options.

I think as long as I leave by 3 or 4 on Sunday I'll be OK. Definately won't leave without meeting you.

I think as long as I leave by 3 or 4 on Sunday I'll be OK. Definitely won't leave without meeting you.
Yea, we've got to see some pictures of that "finished" wine room. No pressure Aj!

I think as long as I leave by 3 or 4 on Sunday I'll be OK. Definately won't leave without meeting you.
Yea, we've got to see some pictures of that "finished" wine room. No pressure Aj!
I know man. I’m gonna get creative to try and be around so nothing needs to be forced. The wedding is what it is. Will be fun but not really looking forward to it. But the bachelor party in AC next month? I most certainly AM looking forward to that!
And “Finished” room pics Craig? Whahahahahaha. Maybe at the 2019 or 2020 wine festival I’ll have those for ya. You know the Johnny cash tune “One Piece at a Time”? That’s my wine room. Except for the “and it didn’t cost me dime” part.
Squeezing it in between many other projects- tonight is cutting down my sink legs and installing 2 new pvc drains. And routing the water lines to accept faucet and new hose bib. And guess who’s NOT a plumber? I must admit I do enjoy all of it though.

Last edited:
I emailed to get my reservation modified to be in the group, but I must have done the wrong dates (Saturday/Sunday rather than Friday/Saturday). I'll get that fixed this week.

Latest posts

Back