Luva bella

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's everyone getting? I'm considering getting just 3 buckets this fall. I was leaning toward a Barolo, a White Zinfandel again(last year was really good even early and still have a case) and possibly the Beaujolais. I've never had a the Beaujalais, figured we would give it a try. What's eveyone that have tried the beaujalais opinions? Is it worth trying or stay away?

Doug, I am not sure what I am going to do. We are going on vacation from 10-20 to 11-17 so I have a timing problem that I believe is solvable. If I can get the wine on and into carboys by, say 10-15 latest, I should be okay. My concern is that if I don't get something going this Fall, I have to wait until Spring for the Chilean juices. Right now, I have about 120 gallons in carboys/demijohn. I would need to bottle or move some wine to my two 6 gallon barrels to free up carboys. I suppose I could buy more carboys (I have about 30 right now), but that would be a premanent solution to a temporary problem. So, with all this considered, my tentative plans are:

1. Blend my 15 gallons of Zinfandel in my demijohn with 5 gallons of Muscat that I have in a carboy and bottle the 20 gallons of blended wine.
2. Move 12 gallons of Super Tuscan that I have in two 6 gallon carboys into my barrels.
3. Bottle 10 gallons of Chardonnay-Semillon that I have in two 5 gallon carboys.
4. Move 15 gallons of Brunello that I have in three 5 gallon carboys into the demijohn.

All this will free up six 5 gallon and two 6 gallon carboys. My fermenting capacity is about 7 buckets (42 gallons) so I will have enough carboys counting the empty ones I have at present. My daughter can look in on the wine while we are away, so if I do move on this I will buy (all Mosto Bello):

3 buckets of Amarone
1 bucket of Valpolicella
2 buckets of Pinot Grigio
1 bucket of Nebbiolo

To answer your question, I have never made a Beaujolais but I used to wait eagerly for the Nouveau to come out each year. It was not a "blush" but it was very young.

Still have in carboys from last year from Luva Bella:
6 gal reisling
6 gal pinot gris
6 gal malbec

From Vinters Harvest:
5 gal Raspberry
5 gal Black Currant
3 gal Blackberry

From Trax Farm:
10 gal Country Apple

All are just about ready to bottle, may filter a couple but most are very
clear. All have been backsweetened to 1.010 roughtly as this is the approx apv we like...... Labels made & printed, corks ordered, just need some time to bottle & finish. Should have enough bottles for this group but will probably need to get some additional ones if I pick up a few buckets for this fall......... May take a road trip to Presque Isle to get some different juices also....... This hobby is like work!!

Al

Not sure if I am getting anything from Luva Bella this year, maybe the Chardonnay after drinking Dougs but what I really want is PA wines. We are planning on making a couple of trips up north.

But when is everyone going? You guys up for doing a lunch again? We have a new member here Terry0220 that I want to talk her and her husband into going.

Let me know when all are going. I'd like to pick up a Tempernillo, a Zinfandel and a Pinot Grigio. What does next Saturday look like for everyone (September 8th)?

Not sure if I am getting anything from Luva Bella this year, maybe the Chardonnay after drinking Dougs but what I really want is PA wines. We are planning on making a couple of trips up north.

But when is everyone going? You guys up for doing a lunch again? We have a new member here Terry0220 that I want to talk her and her husband into going.

That's our problem this year. We were considering just making a few trips north and skipping the CA juices this fall. We will be getting juice from Presque Isle the weekend of the 15-16 of September for sure and planning on heading up for the Chanbourcin and Catawba.

Not sure if I am getting anything from Luva Bella this year, maybe the
Chardonnay after drinking Dougs but what I really want is PA wines. We are
planning on making a couple of trips up north.

But when is everyone
going? You guys up for doing a lunch again? We have a new member here
Terry0220 that I want to talk her and her husband into going.

North East's Wine Fest is the last weekend in September (28th 29th 30th) if you get an early start there is plenty of time to go to Walkers have lunch and hit the Wine Fest. Saturday the 29th would be my pick if that works.

Latest posts

Back