Homemade Wine Pump- Todays DIY Project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny

Mildly Amused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to be clear that I think the AIO Wine pump is a great set up. I also think it is worth the price. Unfortunately, after exchange, duty, and delivery, the cost to deliver one to Canada is double. It would have been close to $500 to get one. I was just shy of $200 for the accessories alone, which are making my homemade set up work like a dream.

Ordered from AIO.

PXL_20221115_224100788.jpg

I set it all up to make sure my pump was going to work. I had stuff getting knocked over everywhere. There is no efficient way to do it without a pump housing. I had 1x6 leaned up in the shop from the canning shelf, and couldn't think of a design that I could make faster or easier than what was already done, and.... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PXL_20221120_220142838.jpg
Just a simple box to house the pump, a 12v jack for power, and a switch. I had the gauge, and I like to take out the guess work, so I added it to Steve's set up.
PXL_20221120_220149703.jpg
I'm not going to show the pump. I am not trying to tread on anyone's business. I just wanted to share that it is possible to get an all on one for a reasonable price if you are Canadian. If you do your research you can figure out what you need pretty easily.

My hope for sharing this was that people that wouldn't buy the AIO due to the cost could still give Steve some business for the accessories and work out the pump themselves.

If I post the pump I just offer people a way to steal his idea and not contribute anything to him for his troubles. I'm not doing it to be a jerk. I just won't knowingly share something that could damage someone's business.

I would buy the whole set up from Steve now that I have used mine with his accessories. I wouldn't want to go without it, but eliminating the shipping cost of the pump was the only way I could validate the cost of what I thought was a luxury at the time.

Last edited:
I guess I missed the part of you not wanting to share what pump you used.

Can you at least share what type of pump you purchased? I'm just curious if it's a diaphragm pump or a type of mini compressor.

I already own an AIO pump and most people wouldn't have the knowledge or drive to spend the time to build something when there is a really good option already available for a decent price. For what the AIO does, not a bad price.

It's worth every penny.

I actually laughed when you asked because you have more info that me. I knew you have one from your posts in the oil transfer thread, all you have to do is open it up! :cool:

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.

My hope for sharing this was that people that wouldn't buy the AIO due to the cost could still give Steve some business for the accessories and work out the pump themselves.

If I post the pump I just offer people a way to steal his idea and not contribute anything to him for his troubles. I'm not doing it to be a jerk. I just won't knowingly share something that could damage someone's business.

I would buy the whole set up from Steve now that I have used mine with his accessories. I wouldn't want to go without it, but eliminating the shipping cost of the pump was the only way I could validate the cost of what I thought was a luxury at the time.

Thank You Vinny !!

We are working to find a distributor in Canada - hopefully this year.

Back