Im back! Appel!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it unfortunately. My JAOM is the same way and has been for years, I must say I havnt tasted it in almost a year now but after 2 years it was still very clovey!

you think that making it even sweeter might be able to mask the flavour some more? ive got an fpak of syrup on hand

Ok, its been 3 months and its tasting extremly hot and disturbingly like cloves... I added an apple F pak to it which took it from 1.00 to 1.040 and its tasting some better.. You think that their is still hope for the clove flavour to dissipate some? its 12% abv right now. and it looks like chardonnay

Well not sure but I had a pumpkin that I added too much cloves and I left it sit for 2 years and it toned down. Actually I only had two bottles left when I decided to let it sit for another year, and that was after it sat for one year and the cloves still overpowered the wine. After two years it tasted so good I sucked down both bottles over Thanksgving. :dg

well guys, i guess it will be a time will tell kinda thing.... I had more wine than i had carboy space so ive got a gallon and a half thats sweetend and currently being super kleered.. the stuff thats in the carboy.. well its gona sit in the carboy i guess till lord knows when.

Ok, the stuff that is unsweetened and in the carboy has had a noticeable reduction in cloveiness and their is a notable apple flavor in it. i yet still have hope in it.

I did a cinn/apple that the cinn started out over-powering... ^mos later the apple came through and the cinn is about right. Letting this one age for a year, the apple is still kinda harsh. So Good Luck! Sounds like this apple's headed down the right path! :)

yeah, mine might take longer for the clove to become just as subtle side flavor.But, if ur into cloves this would be ur batch of wine lol.. ( :

I'm gonna do cloves in my next apple for sure... I love clove. give it time, mine is apple at fist then the cinn fades in and stays on the tounge... really reminds me of a homemade apple pie... Can't wait til Thanksgiving, that's when I'm gonna break it out on the family... Sounds like you got something good goin' there!

I do 10 gals. of Apple & 2 gallons of spiced Apple each year. If the spiced is too strong at bottling time, I blend some of my Apple with it to tone it down. I use 4 cloves & 3 cinnamon sticks plus a "dash" of ginger per gallon of my spiced apple. Seems to work great & give me a little more spiced to give away for the holidays. Roy, FightingTown Creek Wines

yeah, i used way more cloves than that
But, they seem to be toning down. Im regretting putting nrly that many in tho...

I agree use caution with cloves. I only added two cloves to my 7 gallons of apple while it was aging. I think it came out perfect as there is just a hint, but it is there.

Ok, the wine is over 6 months old now. Im gona leave half of the remianing 5 gallons dry. and the other half i will sweat in up to around 1.030 with homemade apple syrup.

ok and i got pics to prove it.. the sweet one is about 3 ballings and it is the darker of the 2. the other one i left pretty much dry.

Latest posts

Back