I need to rant....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My $.02USD - Don't bother yourself. There are some folks there that have a good deal of very solid winemaking knowledge. IMO, they ventured out in search of sycophants to follow them. They weren't immediately greeted with awe and admiration, so they had a tantrum.

It reminds me of a group of programmers I use to manage. A bunch of really talented folks that had zero interpersonal skills. I told them that all of their talent was useless to me if other people couldn't stand to work with them, so we embarked on intense 'soft skills training'.

Most adapted and ended up doing very well. A few were let go. Consider those members from the other place as having been 'let go' and forget about them.

It's one thing to have disagreements on technical aspects. It's quite another to resort to personal attacks and insults. Apparently, making the attacks and throwing insults around make them feel better about themselves. Surely you've experienced people like this before ... so why bother?

I know, train wreck syndrome ...

Ok - I do not know the blog but that is fine. i was just curious. I will leave it at that!

Last edited:
I got tired of it and now I don't even follow the other forums/blogs. This is the only forum I need and I always read Jack Keller's blog.

Julie, you are correct, I was literally shocked when I saw your name mentioned, I felt the need to defend you, you've been nothing but real cool to me from day one, I chose to refrain from saying anything, I am close enough to them where I could reach out and meet up with them face to face if they said anything assinine....
K-9 I saw you mentioned as well.
Grapeman, out of respect for this community, I didn't post any reference to them, I agree, but I am happy to send private messages...lol...it is incredible how petty people can be, I thought the days of acting like a turd were over in high school.
It almost makes me feel embarrassed as a New Yorker, hopefully not everyone will think that we are all like that.

Julie, you are correct, I was literally shocked when I saw your name mentioned, I felt the need to defend you, you've been nothing but real cool to me from day one, I chose to refrain from saying anything, I am close enough to them where I could reach out and meet up with them face to face if they said anything assinine....
K-9 I saw you mentioned as well.
Grapeman, out of respect for this community, I didn't post any reference to them, I agree, but I am happy to send private messages...lol...it is incredible how petty people can be, I thought the days of acting like a turd were over in high school.
It almost makes me feel embarrassed as a New Yorker, hopefully not everyone will think that we are all like that.

Why thank you Tom, lol, but I don't think you can do anything without calling my husband first, he would like to meet them.

Just remember they have the right to do and say what they want on their own blog. I just see them as a bunch who live in a very small world and very small minded. And I think they all deserve each other, lol, we don't have to deal with them.

I'm happy to say that this is the first and only wine forum to which I have or will contribute. Why ruin a good thing? ;)

I think there are more important things to do (ahem - make some wine) than worry about what others are saying outside of here. :)

Pumpkinman I am glad you seem to be on the "enlightened side" and not on "the other side"
funny20194.gif
. Anyone within 50 miles or so of that place raises the radar and flags. Glad to have you here.

Them?????????????????????????????

:uARE THESE THE SAME PEOPLE AS BEFORE?IF SO I UNDERSTAND FULLY ..........NOT WORTH THE TIME OR EFFORT TO PRINT..................:ft

I am new to all this and learning a lot from here. I have asked some pretty rookie questions and have received answers that I that make since and have helped me. At no time did someone make me feel like " gee this guy is dumb".

I appreciate everyones input and advice with the few questions I have had. I am learning by trail and error. I looked at a few different forums and settled on this one. Thanks to those who have assisted me so far.

All of the points are well taken, I've managed many people before, and I guess that I am surprised that there are still adults out there that use that sort of nonsense to boost their own ego, we all have levels of expertise and can all learn from each other, in the IT field, learning is a daily thing.
Nuf said, I'm over it, trust me, I have more important things in my life than to let a few selfrighteous, self appointed experts get in my way of having fun.

I have been on this forum for quite some time. When I started, I knew practically nuthin about making wine. Anyway, when I started I asked some of the same dumb questions, but like most everyone else that gets on here and asks questions, I was stumped and really wanted a decent answer fast. I always got them and watching the different posts come on here, most are answered quickly and politely. Kind of makes you wonder how the same people will come on and answer something they have answered before, but do it willingly. An awful lot of the folks that ask questions are in a panic and a timely answer kind of makes their day. Pretty soon they are on here helping others and so the world goes on, but it is sure nice to see a friendly place in the maniac world we live in. Arne.

Ok, adding my 2 cent s here as well. For being new to winemaking I search for information and help in doing so,,,after reading several blogs and forums I am SO GLAD I stumbled onto this one!! The other were IMO very tastelss and really uninformative to me, when reading I became afraid to ask any questions for fear of getting a wrong answer and messing up my wine. This is a, no this forum is the greatest one out there, it is filled with a bunch of great ppl and winemakers of all types that are always willing to type in and help or advise on any question posted, because of this we all gain in learning from each other! To to double h e hockey sticks to the others!! Let them learn from us!!:D

Why is it at other forums, you just cannot get a simple answer to a question, it seems like everyone needs to try to "educate" you or twist your words....a lot of pretentious people out there.
Maybe that's why I enjoy the Wine Making Talk community so much.
Ok, I'm done, I kept it short....

I agree 100%. That's why I almost never visit the other forums anymore. I used to read two others but got tired of curt answers and pretentiousness. Often answers to any given question in the "kit winemaking" area would start off like "well I would never make wine from those kits but my opinion is . . ." And I stumbled onto that blog a year ago and couldn't believe the way they talk to and about each other. I've never been back there.

Last edited:
I have no knowledge of the issues with the other forum/blog but I am of the mindset that you never stoop to the level of people like that. They are not worth it so don't waste your time or breath worrying about them.

Latest posts

Back