Home Made Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is beautiful Duster! Great job! What size is that all thread rod?

1" 5 thread Acne Rod. Not cheap stuff, I was able to cash in a favor for it. This go round it didn't cost me nothing. Cant beat that:b

It really is nice after you put all your hard work into something and it comes out looking like that !! Great Job !!

How did you get the stitches ??

7.8 bottling bucket question

Does anyone use the 7.8 bottling bucket for primary too?

It really is nice after you put all your hard work into something and it comes out looking like that !! Great Job !!

How did you get the stitches ??

A little two close to the band saw. I should have known better, there was a metal blade in it and I was too lazy to change it out. Putting a bit to much pressure on the piece I was working on and as soon as the wood was through the blade the piece move faster than I could react.
Not bad, it could have been a lot worse. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Does anyone use the 7.8 bottling bucket for primary too?

I prefer the Brute trash can method. I used to use the bottling buckets, the valves would drip ever so slightly and the buckets just wasn't big enough for me with fresh fruit.
Brute makes a nice food grade plastic trash can in a couple of different sizes

Good job, Duster. We all know about the power tools, and seems like we all push the limit. Sounds like you wound up with a not too bad reminder. Now you have to wait for some fruit to get ripe so you can try the press out. At least you are not down to the "I wish I would have made this sooner stage." Arne.

Yes I hope you heal fast - I got a call at work when my wife said she had a small accident while using the table saw !!!!
Luckily after several surgeries latter - everything is doing well. Well we learned that day how much more respect we have for power tools and very thankfull for everything that we do have.

Last edited:
Brew and Wine Supply said:
Looks great Duster!! Steve, what is a SMALL accident with a table saw?

She was trying to cut a sliver off a piece of wood without using a push stick. Yes the the thumb and 1 finger - upper portion.
The riff actually drove 12 miles to the nearest hospital !! She didn't think it was serious enough to call for an ambulance

Duster, Sweet Looking ! Great craftsmanship.Is it cost effective to make your own ? Bakervinyard

Latest posts

Back