Home Made Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duster, Sweet Looking ! Great craftsmanship.Is it cost effective to make your own ? Bakervinyard

Bakervinyard, a little secret I didn't let out yet, not counting the Dr. visit and my gas for running to the shop on the weekends, I only have 40 bucks in cold hard cash in it:r
compare that to $700 - $900 for a new one, ya I would say it was worth it.
I lucked out and was able to get the hardwood, the steel and the stainless fasteners from work. I have a good friend that works for a large vendor with a little bit of everything so the threaded rod was a "sample".
I know not everyone is that lucky, If I had to guess, in order to purchase everything one would pay somewhere in the 400 range?? Still worth doing it yourself in my book.

Maxi-Press%20Fruit%20Press%20Cider%20Press%20200op.jpg

You are not done yet Duster, you need to add hinges so its a lot easier to unload instead of running the screw all the way back up each time. I know growing your own fruit make your wines taste better, I imagine running them through your own homebuilt press add another layer of better taste! WVMJ

Very nice looking press. I boought a piece of ajax rod in 7/8" diameter with the intention of making a press. Havn't gotten around to it just yet since I managed to find a small press for sale for around $75 2 years ago. One of these days I'll get energetic.

Latest posts

Back