Hi from Sydney

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinlibervin

Junior
Reaction score
Looking forward to making my first vintage this year and after lurking around this forum thought I would join up.

Looks like lots of great advice here
Thanks
Al

Hey,
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can answer some of your questions... there is hope in number, you know!

Are you making kit wines or the good ole fresh grape kind? Sounds like you are growing your own, which is great.

Hey,
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can answer some of your questions... there is hope in number, you know!

Are you making kit wines or the good ole fresh grape kind? Sounds like you are growing your own, which is great.

I picked up a crusher, press and some carboys on ebay - so looking to buy some grapes and then get to it - after scrubbing everything clean and sterilising etc etc - and also having done some research there are a few other instruments that I need - hydrometer / acid kit / racking stuff etc. The list seems endless at times! Will keep me occupied no doubt = and being in the southern hemisphere harvest is on us shortly so not much time

Welcome to a great forum - beautiful city you have there; gorgeous waterfront. Spent a few weeks there a few years back - stayed in Kings Cross (son was living there at the time) - very colorful area!!

Better have the hydrometer, acid test kit and PH tester before you pick up your grapes. For fresh/frozen grapes, they are very important.

Of course having an acid test kit won't help much if you need more acid but don't have any. Yep, you need lots of stuff. Try to read as many different tutorials as you can find on making wine from fresh grapes.

Once you get everything you need and get started, you'll have a lot of fun at this.

Welcome to the forum enjoy the fun making your own wine

Latest posts

Back