Hello from Western PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daisy don't worry about bringing anything, Dan will bring wine for everyone :tz
Doug, Carmen is probably 20 minutes from me, depending where in Butler he lives.

And I am definitely game on getting something together at my house. So who's interested besides Doug?

Whooo Hooo, Picnic at Julie's. I'd definately be game. We cannot plan it for June 5 or 6th as that is the weekend of my daughter's graduation party. I'll bring whatever we need to....

Ahh, Punxsy, the founder of National Rodent Day :h

Isn't it kind of weird that the "weather capitol of the world" and the "Christmas tree capitol of the world" are actually only about 10 mins apart?

(Indiana County claims to be the C Tree cap)

Christmas tree capitol of the world, eh? Better not let the Lunenburgers here know that! Lunenburg County here in Nova Scotia claim the same thing. However, a few years ago they changed the sign from " Christmas Tree Capitol of the World" to " Balsam Fir Christmas Tree Capitol of the World". So I'm curious, what kind of trees do you grow there?
I remember when I was a kid ( about 50 years ago) we would load Christmas trees on trucks headed for the States and occasionally stick a note in a tree and sometimes get a reply from someone in New England.
.. Doug

Welcome Carmen, I think you'll like it here. I'm kinda new also and have got some good info already. I'm down here in Fl. now but my mom and dad and grand parents, aunts and uncle's all lived near Punxsutawney. I spent many a weekends there as a kid. Happy brewing and have fun.........

Dennis, where did your family live? I grew up in Punxy! Moved to Butler in 1973. My grand parents lived in Walston. Small world!

Ok, let me figure out some dates and post them.

Well if it wasnt a 7 hour ride each way Id be in but thats a little ouchy!

Carmen WOW!! an initial set up, I am green with envy!, you put my "ferment in shed wash & rinse in kitchen" to shame :h, well done that girl/man(dang no applause smiley)! well done anyhoo:h, nearly 40 years and Im still in a shed:(, one day when Im rich!..... ahhhh dreaming again, welcome to what seems like the friendliest winemaking site in the world. H.

Last edited:
Gonna have to separate all you Penn'ers. There are to many of you and you might get some ideas and try to take over!

Gonna have to separate all you Penn'ers. There are to many of you and you might get some ideas and try to take over!

What did you think this up coming meeting was just a drinking fest...oh yeah I guess thats how the unions do it huh? Better hope your buddy dosn't get his way with effca!

Christmas tree capitol of the world, eh? Better not let the Lunenburgers here know that! Lunenburg County here in Nova Scotia claim the same thing. However, a few years ago they changed the sign from " Christmas Tree Capitol of the World" to " Balsam Fir Christmas Tree Capitol of the World". So I'm curious, what kind of trees do you grow there?
I remember when I was a kid ( about 50 years ago) we would load Christmas trees on trucks headed for the States and occasionally stick a note in a tree and sometimes get a reply from someone in New England.
.. Doug

I have no idea what kind of trees they grow... I just know they're the "Christmas type" hehe :xt

You'd think New England would have enough darn trees... I've been through there and Vermont and Maine look like good places to hide a body so I wonder why they need to import MORE trees! haha!

Hey Carmen, I just talked to my aunt. She said my grand parents lived about 1/2 way between Smithport and Johnsonberg. Dang, I was going to ask when the family reunion was, maybe julie could use that in her sched.

Hey Carmen, I just talked to my aunt. She said my grand parents lived about 1/2 way between Smithport and Johnsonberg. Dang, I was going to ask when the family reunion was, maybe julie could use that in her sched.

Johnsonburg paper plant STINKS to high heaven... I hate driving through that town! :rdo

I mentioned this picnic to my wife again last night, she said i sounded fun. She said she thought we should wait til after the 4th of July because of grad parties, fathers day etc.

Julie is there a place near your house could have the picnic?

I think you should all come to New Zealand for a picnic.

Allie

Well let me know when you have your family renunion and lets try to work around that.

I mentioned this picnic to my wife again last night, she said i sounded fun. She said she thought we should wait til after the 4th of July because of grad parties, fathers day etc.

Julie is there a place near your house could have the picnic?

We do but alcohol is not allowed and I don't know about you guys but what is a picnic without booze????

We have a huge back yard and a huge deck. And yes I think it would probably be better after the 4th.

Latest posts

Back