Hello from Western PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually shop in a few different local joints. Clarion has a shop called "Slagle's Homebrew Shop". The old dude in there is super nice and knowledgeable (to the point where you better have time to go in there). Sometimes I "cheat" on him with a shop in Ridgway because "The Shack out back (Palumbos)" has better hours and a MUCH bigger selection. Slagle's has slightly better prices.

Those are the only shops (other than wineries that are CRAZY overpriced) that are relatively local for me.

I was going to mention those also. I have been to the Porter House a few times and look forward to going to 3 B's as Julie said this is also a good place.

Greetings Daisy from another Pennsylvanian, not quite western but I spend allot of time there.
Rod

You'll have some laughs here :) And you'll have some great resources too.

Welcome Carmen, I think you'll like it here. I'm kinda new also and have got some good info already. I'm down here in Fl. now but my mom and dad and grand parents, aunts and uncle's all lived near Punxsutawney. I spent many a weekends there as a kid. Happy brewing and have fun.........

Welcome Carmen, I think you'll like it here. I'm kinda new also and have got some good info already. I'm down here in Fl. now but my mom and dad and grand parents, aunts and uncle's all lived near Punxsutawney. I spent many a weekends there as a kid. Happy brewing and have fun.........

Ahh, Punxsy, the founder of National Rodent Day :h

Isn't it kind of weird that the "weather capitol of the world" and the "Christmas tree capitol of the world" are actually only about 10 mins apart?

(Indiana County claims to be the C Tree cap)

I would be good to go on that idea. Doug come up I'll bring the elderberry wine.:h

If "yins" guys want me to bring any wine we'll have to postpone it at least a few months... haha! My supply is very low. I need to get bottling :ib

Dennis, Phil said to say Hi to you!

Daisey, that was pretty funny "yins", you can always tell where they're from! LOL

Sounds like a wine fest at Julies! Its straight across I-80 for Tom (and don't forget the ribs). Grapeman can pick up Wade and bring some Moose meat!

Last edited:
Dennis, Phil said to say Hi to you!

Daisey, that was pretty funny "yins", you can always tell where they're from! LOL

Sounds like a wine fest at Julies! Its straight across I-80 for Tom (and don't forget the ribs). Grapeman can pick up Wade and bring some Moose meat!

Actually Julies, would be about a mid way point for most of us. She's prob 45 minutes from me, an hour from you, less from Daisy and I can't remember where Carmen is from.

Julie said:
I would be good to go on that idea. Doug come up I'll bring the elderberry wine.

I told you guys before, I'm game. I mentioned it to my better half, she didn't have any objections. Again though, I'll have my 3 y/o with us but she's very well behaved.

If "yins" guys want me to bring any wine we'll have to postpone it at least a few months... haha! My supply is very low. I need to get bottling :ib

....Sounds like a wine fest at Julies! Its straight across I-80 for Tom (and don't forget the ribs). Grapeman can pick up Wade and bring some Moose meat!

Actually Julies, would be about a mid way point for most of us. She's prob 45 minutes from me, an hour from you, less from Daisy and I can't remember where Carmen is from.
I told you guys before, I'm game. I mentioned it to my better half, she didn't have any objections. Again though, I'll have my 3 y/o with us but she's very well behaved.

Daisy don't worry about bringing anything, Dan will bring wine for everyone :tz
Doug, Carmen is probably 20 minutes from me, depending where in Butler he lives.

And I am definitely game on getting something together at my house. So who's interested besides Doug?

Back