Hello from Western PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do but alcohol is not allowed and I don't know about you guys but what is a picnic without booze????

We have a huge back yard and a huge deck. And yes I think it would probably be better after the 4th.

I thought about Moraine also. I wasn't sure how much room you had hence the reason for asking about a park. This is going to be so much fun...

Way too far of a ride!!!!!!! 2-3 hour rides is all my back can handle. Last year when I went up to upstate New York to get my Black Currant bushes it took me almost a week to rec over from the ride! Now we (Grapeman & I) did have to dig them up but they were very easy and to be honest, Grapeman did most of the work as I have never transplanted anything before and had no idea of where abouts far away to start digging without hurting the bushes too much. When I got back from that ride it took about 2 hours before I could even stand straight up again.

I thought about Moraine also. I wasn't sure how much room you had hence the reason for asking about a park. This is going to be so much fun...

Actually we have an acre and a half plus six acres of woods behind us that we would love to buy but the owner wants a fortune for it. So plenty of room

Way too far of a ride!!!!!!! 2-3 hour rides is all my back can handle. Last year when I went up to upstate New York to get my Black Currant bushes it took me almost a week to rec over from the ride! Now we (Grapeman & I) did have to dig them up but they were very easy and to be honest, Grapeman did most of the work as I have never transplanted anything before and had no idea of where abouts far away to start digging without hurting the bushes too much. When I got back from that ride it took about 2 hours before I could even stand straight up again.

Well Wade, don't you have a jeep? You can take the roof off, let your wife drive and you can stand in the back hanging on for dear life to the roll bar :):):):)

Well Wade, don't you have a jeep? You can take the roof off, let your wife drive and you can stand in the back hanging on for dear life to the roll bar :):):):)

or hang upside down on the roll bar. Thats good therepy for the back and you'll be ready to drink by the time you get here!

If my wife got on the highway with any vehicle we would both need therapy!!!!!!!!!! Really, my wife doesnt drive on any highways, she gets anxiety very quickly and if Im driving and we are on a bridge she can get a little nervous, also bug tunnels as shes also claustrophobic!

If my wife got on the highway with any vehicle we would both need therapy!!!!!!!!!! Really, my wife doesnt drive on any highways, she gets anxiety very quickly and if Im driving and we are on a bridge she can get a little nervous, also bug tunnels as shes also claustrophobic!

Well Hell Wade if I went through a bug tunnel I would get nervous also. You heard about those spiders that Allie is dealing with. :)

Don't go over the Chesapeake Bay bridge, she won't survive. All right Wade I hope you understand what this means since you can't come, don't be surprised if you see all of us banging on your door in the middle of the night and you better have wine ready for us. :tz

Hell, Id be very happy if you all did! The invitation has been out there for a long time now and there is no expiration on it!!!!!!!!! Dan, you got me on that 1! Payback is a ***** when typing! That would be BIG Tunnel.

Hell, Id be very happy if you all did! The invitatioilln has been out there for a long time now and there is no expiration on it!!!!!!!!! Dan, you got me on that 1! Payback is a ***** when typing! That would be BIG Tunnel.

Well Wade,

I think you will be seeing my husband and I can't say it would be this year but it might be and it will probably be no later than next year. I'll make sure I have a bottle of muscadine with me.

I started a new thread in regard to our meeting, it is in Chit Chat, Western PA Regional meeting.

Julie, the door is open to you and or your husband and anyone else on here! Ill savor that bottle of Musky Ill tell ya!

Just have to ask....... Did your Muscadine have a lot of sedament?

This wasn't a wine that I made it was a wine that I bought and there was no sediment in it. Did you say you live in Florida? You need you can grow some muscadine grapes, Noble woule be my choice.

I have an arbor of muscadines. Picked 35# and it's started already. But there is a lot of sediment. Thats why I ask. Sorry I got off subject.

I have an arbor of muscadines. Picked 35# and it's started already. But there is a lot of sediment. Thats why I ask. Sorry I got off subject.

I won't say any questions pretaining to wine making is off topic. My concord usually has a lot of sediment, I won't think that is a problem. Wow, to be able to make your own muscadine is awesome. My step son lives in South Carolina and while we were down there I staked out a place to plant some muscadines. LOL, now all I have to do is buy them and tell him he needs to plant and take care of them.

Punxstawney. We visit my Brother In Laws camp there in Anita. Great place to get away. We've had a lot of camp fires there "n at". (There's some burgh slang).

Latest posts

Back