Hello from the "Show Me" State

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlo

Junior
Reaction score
Brand spanking newbie to wine making, always been interested in it but never tried. Finally got the push I needed from a friend of a friend who makes Mead (I am a Beekeeper) and got hooked!! Started my first batch of wine a few weeks ago. This is a great site and I look forward to learning and reading as much as my little pea can take. Thanks for the great site :b

Glad you foumd us here and there atre many here who make mead, like me!

welcome arlo!!!
i was at pleasant hills weekend before last picking grapes at st. francois winery and vineyard!!! met ed and leslie and had a great morning. jon, aka winemaker, on here is from ur area as well! nice to meet u!!!

welcome arlo!!!
i was at pleasant hills weekend before last picking grapes at st. francois winery and vineyard!!! met ed and leslie and had a great morning. jon, aka winemaker, on here is from ur area as well! nice to meet u!!!

Isn't St Francois near Ste Genevieve?

You'll be glad you got that push but caution, it can be addictive.

Welcome. There's a ton of stuff here. Enjoy

Yeah St. Francois is closer to St. Gen that's quite a distance from me I am near KC but I have a place in Defiance MO in the Agusta wine area. Thanks for the greetings, Tom I am starting with a Suncal concentrate White Zin but looking for others my buddy and I just harvested 280 lbs. of honey from our hives so gonna start a batch of Mead very soon :)

ARLO, a big howdy from the other side of KC. Glad to see you here.
Brad

Yeah St. Francois is closer to St. Gen that's quite a distance from me I am near KC but I have a place in Defiance MO in the Agusta wine area. Thanks for the greetings, Tom I am starting with a Suncal concentrate White Zin but looking for others my buddy and I just harvested 280 lbs. of honey from our hives so gonna start a batch of Mead very soon :)

I'm not familiar with Pleasant Hill, and was trying to get an idea of where it's at.

i went north of perryville and then turned off i-55, and went thru farmington to get to pleasant hills.

Welcome aboard - i am south of St. Louis. Pleasant Hill is a little south of Lee's Summit right?

Yes Sir it sure is, I work at Whiteman I am in the Guard was stationed at Lambert but we got BRAC and so my job moved out here. I still have a house of Defiance

Welcome aboard - i am south of St. Louis. Pleasant Hill is a little south of Lee's Summit right?

Welcome, Arlo!

If we get many more MO winemakers, we'll change the name to mowinemakingtalk!!!

Yes Sir it sure is, I work at Whiteman I am in the Guard was stationed at Lambert but we got BRAC and so my job moved out here. I still have a house of Defiance

I have a buddy that lives in Defiance - small world!!!

Small world... My guard unit used to fly us up to Whiteman several times a year to work on the Cobras.

We may have a few gallons to sell between my hive partner and I we have 300 lbs so that's around 25 gal. we of course sell small amounts to locals and give some away to the Church and friends. It takes about 15 lbs to make a batch of Mead. Honey weight is almost 12 lbs per gallon.

Back