Hello from Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been getting all psyched up to get my first batch of wine going and finally got up the nerve last night! I have an RJS Crand Cru Intl Syrah in the primary 12 hours and am just hoping that I got it all right!

My husband got my the starter kit for Christmas and I have been so excited to get going! He will attest to the fact that I sanitzied like crazy so if anything goes wrong that will not be the problem!!!
smiley1.gif

I love wine and trying new wine, but want to know as much as I can about it without becoming a "snob"! Can't wait until I have more space to make more wines! I think I just stumbled on an obsession.
smiley27.gif
Thanks for all of your posts and the help they have already been. I look forward to getting to know you for real!

Melissa

Welcome aboard! I love "Christmas" wines. I hope you enjoy your wine making experience as much as the rest of us do on this forum.
smiley1.gif

Welcome aboard Melissa, glad to have you here with us. You're right when you say "obsession". You are in the right place to get any answers that you may need. There are folks on here with a lot of winemaking knowledge. So from one Texan to another, welcome again!

Welcome Melissa. Wow I guess you are new to the hobby - less than one day in! Good luck to you and the wine. Remember to have fun while doing it and most of all have fun drinking it.

Uh Oh, Melissa you are in trouble.... You are hooked into this now.....

Welcome aboard and enjoy your experience...................... You will meet a lot of good people here with a lot of good advice and info......

Hi Melissa! Welcome to the forum and welcome to winemaking. You are sure to love both! =)

Thanks everyone! I've already been looking into more carboys..it seems like that will make the process go a LOT more smoothly.

Melissa said:
Thanks everyone! I've already been looking into more carboys..it seems like that will make the process go a LOT more smoothly.

That was the excuse I used. Once you get 2 they multiply fast!
VC

Welcome!

There may not be many of us in Texas but the few of us that there are are very passionate about our home brewed wine.

Wayne

Back