Quantcast

Hello From Southern California!

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Robert

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Robert and I live in Los Angeles, CA.

I am just starting out in this interesting (and rewarding!) hobby. I started a few weeks ago with a Winexpert Selection Johannisberg Dry Riesling to get the feel for making wine.

Last night I added the stabilizers and degassed the wine. [And I'm sure the earthquake we had this morning also helped degas the wine :) ]

I've been on the site for a few days now and have already learned so much by reading others' questions and answers.

I'm sure I'll be having some questions soon too.

Cheers,
Robert

xanxer82

Reaction score
welcome aboard. Hope your home is quake reistant.
I bet you can't wait until crush. SoCal has some really great access to grapes.

Tom

Reaction score
Welcome !
My only suggestion is GET MORE CARBOYS ! :dg :dg

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Must be nice to be so close to so many great wineries, welcome to this forum and hope you stay around and enjoy yourself. We'de love to help you along.

Dugger

Reaction score
Welcome, Robert, to a great hobby and a great site - drinking wine you have made is very rewarding.
Hope your quake wasn't too bad - my daughter is down there somewhere doing some paragliding - last we heard she was staying with friends around Hollywood.
.. Doug

robie

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

You will enjoy learning wine making by making kits. They are a great learning tool and tons of fun. Once you get the hang of it, you can step up a few notches in quality and make fresh grape wine. You are so lucky to be so close to California's grape country.

Robert

Junior
Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

The quake yesterday wasn't too bad; I think the worst part was waking up with the whole house shaking!

And definitely, once I get the hang of making wine, I will head up to some of the California vineyards and get some grapes.

Thanks again!

winemaker_3352

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!! This really is a very helpful forum - it has helped me in the short time i have been a member.

Leanne

Fiesty Winer
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Jump right in and post often so that you can get to know us all.

Latest posts