Hello From Southern California!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Robert and I live in Los Angeles, CA.

I am just starting out in this interesting (and rewarding!) hobby. I started a few weeks ago with a Winexpert Selection Johannisberg Dry Riesling to get the feel for making wine.

Last night I added the stabilizers and degassed the wine. [And I'm sure the earthquake we had this morning also helped degas the wine :) ]

I've been on the site for a few days now and have already learned so much by reading others' questions and answers.

I'm sure I'll be having some questions soon too.

Cheers,
Robert

welcome aboard. Hope your home is quake reistant.
I bet you can't wait until crush. SoCal has some really great access to grapes.

Welcome !
My only suggestion is GET MORE CARBOYS ! :dg :dg

Must be nice to be so close to so many great wineries, welcome to this forum and hope you stay around and enjoy yourself. We'de love to help you along.

Welcome, Robert, to a great hobby and a great site - drinking wine you have made is very rewarding.
Hope your quake wasn't too bad - my daughter is down there somewhere doing some paragliding - last we heard she was staying with friends around Hollywood.
.. Doug

Welcome to the site.

You will enjoy learning wine making by making kits. They are a great learning tool and tons of fun. Once you get the hang of it, you can step up a few notches in quality and make fresh grape wine. You are so lucky to be so close to California's grape country.

Thanks

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

The quake yesterday wasn't too bad; I think the worst part was waking up with the whole house shaking!

And definitely, once I get the hang of making wine, I will head up to some of the California vineyards and get some grapes.

Thanks again!

Welcome aboard!! This really is a very helpful forum - it has helped me in the short time i have been a member.

Hi and welcome. Jump right in and post often so that you can get to know us all.

Back