Hello from MO

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwetschgen

Junior
Reaction score
Hey gang.
I've been making wine for three years now. I started like many of us with small 1 gallon batches of Welch's concentrate, but have progressed leaps and bounds since then. I like to ferment anything and everything as long as the price is right (in season). I have made wine from grapes (Norton, Concord), apples, peaches, pomegranates, cranberries, chiles, lemons, and watermelons. I am looking forward to this coming wine season! Some future plans include corn wine, wheat wine, and more apple and grape wines. Just thought I would check in with you all, learn something and share some stories.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you'll fit right in and a prime candidate for Skeeter Pee. Feel free to ask questions any time, offer advice or share a story.

Welcome to the forum, glad to see another Missourian here. What part of the state are you from? It seems you have made a vaqriety of wine!

Welcome and Im not even going to try and pronounce nor spell your username!!! LOL How did yoyr Watermelon wine come out? Ive never tried to make it but heard unless you chill and get a yeast starter made up it usually results in failure. Thats not the reason I havent made it though. Im not afraid of failure, it just doesnt intersest me that much.

Welcome aboard!

20110703_131806_kgo_057.gif

I have made Skeeter Pee before. I wasn't sure wether listing it was appropriate for the wine forum. I've also made mead (again some people say it's wine others don't) and I have done a speck of brewing.

I live near Columbia, but I just moved from Kansas City.

I made a couple gallons of the watermelon wine. I cut out the meat, then pressed it, added the chemicals, then took that and stuck it in the fridge. I started the yeast, then pitched it and pulled the juice out. I used a fast working yeast, EC-1116 I think. I was suprized it lost nearly all of its color. If you image search watermelon wine you get pretty pink bottles, mine is a straw color.

Welcome!

At this rate we'll catch up with the PAers in ... 10 or 20 years! :)

Latest posts

Back