Hello from Cleveland

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesGarcia

Junior
Reaction score
IMG_8173.jpeg
Hello,

My name is James and I am just outside of Cleveland Ohio, USA. I was a home brewer for many years and about 4 years ago I am switched to making wine as I don’t drink as much beer. I have mostly made kits, but I have also purchased grapes and I do have a press.

I am also a bee keeper and have made mead once, but this isn’t my favorite so I may not make again.

We drink mostly reds, but enjoy a good dry white in the summer as well.

I found this website as I was researching the difference between the more and less expensive kits. I am not on any kind of social media anymore so I don’t belong to any wine making groups so thought this might be a good place for me to look for answers.

Welcome to WMT! I grew up on the west side with a concord vineyard. I got into wine making in my 20s and have been slowly getting better. This is a great place to hone the craft and meet kindred spirits! (As is cleveland!) I still head back to Collinwood every year for my grapes. There are alot of great resources in Cleveland to connect with other winemaking: grapes n granary, peelers, luva Bella and of course all the wineries on the lake - Eastside and Westside...

Welcome from a fellow NEO resident. Great place to learn and share. If you safe looking for good kits. Label Peelers with Finer Wine Kits is not that far away from you if you want to save on shipping. I’m real close to them so it makes it easy.
Also. Go Crew!

Welcome from a fellow NEO resident. Great place to learn and share. If you safe looking for good kits. Label Peelers with Finer Wine Kits is not that far away from you if you want to save on shipping. I’m real close to them so it makes it easy.
Also. Go Crew!
Awesome, I will check them out if I am in that area, there is another wine shop about the same distance from me in Medina that I have go to as well.

Go Crew! I’ll be down there this weekend cheering them on!

Welcome to the forum. Along with the local home brew shops for supplies, there is a wine club in Solon: North Coast Wine Club which is a nice spot to go and learn some of the process or ask questions. Or, sit back and enjoy some Club made wines.

Back