Hello from Arizona

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dghidotti

Reaction score
Hi All,

My Husband and I are taking our first steps into wine making and have began home brewing wine from kits. We just racked our first Shiraz and everything is going good so far... fingers crossed. Once we are successful with a couple of kits our next step will be to making wine from scratch.

Our goal in the next five years is to make wine from our own vineyard.

I am already leaning great things from this forum and look forward to the day that I have enough knowledge to contribute.

Good luck. I also just caught the bug. I do believe that if you want wine from your own vines in five years you better plan on planting this spring or next at the latest. Last year I planted 6 Riesling vines then killed them with weed killer by accident.

DaveL said:
Good luck. I also just caught the bug. I do believe that if you want wine from your own vines in five years you better plan on planting this spring or next at the latest. Last year I planted 6 Riesling vines then killed them with weed killer by accident.

We will be closing on our land in March and should be able to plant next spring. I will be sure to keep the weed killer away from the vines :).

Ahh, to be in Arizona this time of year......welcome. Once you get started in the spring, you will need to send some photos. What a beautiful area.

Latest posts

Back