Hello from a newb in the Chicago burbs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReefKeeper

Abecedarian
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been enjoying wine since my wife and I visited Amador county 8 years ago. I am about to take the plunge and start my path to wine making. I just started into Grapes into Wine by Philip Wagner, and will be buying some equipment in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to sharing my adventures (and ,hopefully, not too many misadventures) with all of you, as well as learning from your own. Please feel free to throw any wisdom and advice my way.

Welcome aboard. Are you going to make fruit or grape wines. Fresh from the fruit, juice or wine kits. Wine kits are a good way to start out to learn the basics. They are pretty much fail proof if you follow the instructions, taste great and you can make excellent wine for less then 3-4 dollars a bottle.

Like Wade said wine kits are a good way to start but if you decide to start with fresh fruit using a recipe before you start post a copy of your recipe so we can guide you step by step so your first one will be a succuss you can learn alot from this forum and welcome to our site here

Welcome aboard!

When you start, let us know how things are going.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am planning on eventually making both fruit and grape wines. I had planned on starting with a Winexpert kit or two to get my feet wet. I didn't want to risk mucking things up right out the gate.

Latest posts

Back