Freakin Blizzard!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the snow wrecked our company truck. The dumbarses never cleared the snow off until yesterday and caved in the entire roof about 3' ripping out the rivets and everything. We have another small storm coming tonight and possibly another huge one this weekend again. I honestly don't think I can do this again. My back is so freaking sore I had to have my wife zip up my shoes this morning. Replaced the belts on the dnowblower last night after work and went to bed around 7.

I feel for you Wade. I know about the sore back thing. Keep your chin up, spring is gonna get here eventually. Arne.

Wade,
I can relate to a sore back, I've had chronic back pain since 2000, I had back surgery in 2001, when they still opened ya up like a melon and cut through all of the muscles, talk about pain...>WHEEEEEEW!

I spent 5 hours cleaning snow off my roof on Monday. Went out to my winery this morning to check things out and clear the drive. Got some pretty big drifts and couldn't get down the drive. My snowblower (on a lawn tractor) just sat there and spun its wheels. Gotta get some chains so I can clean things out this weekend.

And another 2-5 inches coming tonight. *sigh*

For those of you who have never seen this, this is my next toy for winter use.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81y9XSQ9Ru0&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Wade I could use that where I live. I seriously considered getting one with tracks but the problem with them is you can't move them around unless the snowblower is on. So moving it around in the shed or garage is a pita.

Yeah, I can see that being a problem for sure. I couldnt tell you how much stuff gets shifted as the seasons turn!

I spent 5 hours cleaning snow off my roof on Monday. Went out to my winery this morning to check things out and clear the drive. Got some pretty big drifts and couldn't get down the drive. My snowblower (on a lawn tractor) just sat there and spun its wheels. Gotta get some chains so I can clean things out this weekend.

And another 2-5 inches coming tonight. *sigh*

Yes chains and wheel weights make a world of difference. Good luck

I went out this evening and a very nice neighbor had brought his large tractor and blower out to clean me out. MUCH APPRECIATED. I did throw chains on my lawn tractor and went to town to clean it up a bit. It worked much better. But I still need to add some weight. Fortunately I have some tractor weights laying around.

Here's our blizzard out in AZ lol. Me being from Ohio, I laugh at how everyone here freaks out over a couple inches of snow lol.

image-2552897979.jpg

image-1051886946.jpg

They sent a message that all schools would be closed last night! It didn't start snowing till noon! Haha

Haha, I ran to the store. Best time to go, everyone else is at home. It's already done & starting to melt away

Latest posts

Back