Freakin Blizzard!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY WADE!! You can rest easy. On the way home tonight there was an entire caravan of utility and tree service trucks on the highway headed towards NY. Probably staging themselves for where ever needed. There must have been 30 of them.

HEY WADE!! You can rest easy. On the way home tonight there was an entire caravan of utility and tree service trucks on the highway headed towards NY. Probably staging themselves for where ever needed. There must have been 30 of them.

That's comforting...... But its not :)

I can careless about that Dan! I have a good generator and a snow blower. I also just spent $100 on gas just in case. I just cant take all the labor to clean all the snow and trees that fall in my moms yard. Yeah I have a snow blower but its still a lot of work and it still kills my back, much less then shoveling but still!!! We are supposed to have 20 -30 mph winds with 50 -70 mph gusts!!!

Just looking at the maps - 30" - 40" of snow accumulation - sounds like we're going to get slammed. Hopefully I have enough supplies to make a wine while I'm locked in my home for the weekend.

Thinking about y'all. Sounds like a long couple of days Wade.

Be safe gang! Just a little snow, then rain here in Northern VA this morning. They still delayed schools even though the roads were completely clear - I mean COMPLETELY CLEAR.

We are supposed to have 20 -30 mph winds with 50 -70 mph gusts!!![/QUOTE]

That is the way most all of our snows come thru. Nuthin in the fields and all the snow comes to town. Can't see the end of the hood of your vehicle for the snow, usually the roads start out warm or it rains so you have a layer of ice on the roads. Nuthin but fun, sounds like we mite get it Sunday here again which means you folks will probably stand a chance for more a couple of days down the road. Hope it misses you all, but they are yappin on the national news it is coming your way. Good luck, stay safe and warm, and take care of your back. Arne.

We are getting it good out of the lead low pressure coming across the Lakes. About 4 inches so far and the temp is 5F. The true test of the total will be how much the coastal storm feeds off the cold of this system. If the wrap curls good, we could end up with 18 inches, but if the coastal storm stays tight, we will only get 8-10 inches. The larger storms will hit us the end of this month and next here in the Champlain Valley. Anyone want to come over and plow or shovel? hehehehehehehehe

We are getting slammed now! We have around 10"ow and its coming down about 2-3" an hour now with strong winds and lightning and everything. I just gave up on snow blowing. Did the driveway and then the sidewalk and when I came back it looked like I never touched the driveway. Gonna be fun tomorrow morning I guess! It was supposed to dump pretty good earlier today like after 3 but of coarse it waited until now to really start hammering us so I cant stay up all night trying to keep it in check somewhat.

Hope you guys are all doing well. Blowing like crazy here in N.VA.

When did they start naming nor'easters?

The Weather Channel decided it was fun to give names to all winter storms this year. I like the one lined up for Q. It will be called Q. Kinda lame IMHO.

The Weather Channel decided it was fun to give names to all winter storms this year. I like the one lined up for Q. It will be called Q. Kinda lame IMHO.

Yep. Generally, I just can't stand to watch them anymore. Drama queens, really. They've made quite a business for themselves by over-hyping weather.

Wish you folks the best with that crap. Guess my best advice is stay in, stay warm, and when it blows over good luck with the cleanup. Good news is, we are into Feburary. Spring ain't too far away. Arne.

Sitting in my sun-room next to a wood stove - feel like I'm in a snow-globe looking out the windows. As pretty as it is, its going to be a real pain to clean up. Just saw our local DPW plowing using front-end loaders because its so deep. I cleared a small poop path for the dog this morning, and there's a lot of snow out there. At least the banana wine I started this week is beginning to ferment.

Yep. Generally, I just can't stand to watch them anymore. Drama queens, really. They've made quite a business for themselves by over-hyping weather.
You got that 100% correct! Tell me why we need min by min updates?..."it's snowing...Yep, it's still snowing....It's coming down real good now..." this is all I heard yesterday on the News...lol
On a humorous side...went to let the dog out around 3:30am, the snow was piled up in front of the door....could hardly get it open...funny for me, but not so much for the ederly.
My dog on the other hand, is 45 lbs, it was belly deep in snow trying to do her business....he he he...I may like the dog, but I am not shoveling her a bathroom pit at 3:30 am....LOL
Let's hope my very strong, young and healthy kids wake up soon, they have to work at 1 pm and THEY need to shovel....dad isn't doing it this time (that's me protesting).

Latest posts

Back