Freakin Blizzard!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got that 100% correct! Tell me why we need min by min updates?..."it's snowing...Yep, it's still snowing....It's coming down real good now..." this is all I heard yesterday on the News...lol
On a humorous side...went to let the dog out around 3:30am, the snow was piled up in front of the door....could hardly get it open...funny for me, but not so much for the ederly.
My dog on the other hand, is 45 lbs, it was belly deep in snow trying to do her business....he he he...I may like the dog, but I am not shoveling her a bathroom pit at 3:30 am....LOL
Let's hope my very strong, young and healthy kids wake up soon, they have to work at 1 pm and THEY need to shovel....dad isn't doing it this time (that's me protesting).

aaaah good luck with that protesting, :)

I can relate to that Tom. First thing I heard this AM when the boys got up was something about the POS tractor wasn't plugged in and it wouldn't start. Now we can't go anywhere because there is too much to shovel. I said,, "But I plugged it in yesterday afternoon." Oh one said, I think I must have stepped on the cord last night when I went outside. Gee who's fault is that? 20 minutes later the tractor was running- more drama.................

We got 30" here and drifts up to 4 1/2 feet!!!!! Took me 6.5 hours to clean the cars, the roof of the house, the sidewalks and the driveway plus another 1 hour fix the snowblower as the drive belt stretched and would engage gears but luckily I kep a spare of both belts on hand. I wouldnt even mention how many pain pills I had to take to get through that and to deal with it now because I know there are some nurses and docs on here and they would probably be screaming at me!!!! They still havent touched our road since last night when they gave up and there is 25" on our road. OI heard we are supposed to get another foot on Monday!!!!! Please God dont let that happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in a few days the sun will melt it all gone for you Wade! Well, maybe if you are lucky a few inches.........................
I'm sure you only took one or two pills every 4-6 hours, right???????????????

Did I mention to anyone that I live in the real snowbelt. Oh Yeah, today was about 35* and sunny as heck. I even stopped at the carwash. I did have to clear 2" odd my drive way from last night. :)

Sorry but it sure is nice to see someone else in the lime light for a change.

It's a big mess here. Remember to clear your furnace and dryer vents and check you carbon monoxide detectors. We've been to quite a few houses for blocked vents and people experiencing CO poisoning.

We ended up getting 29 inches of snow here. Now that the driveway, cars and roof are cleared it is a bit more enjoyable. Here's a few pics...
dscn6062r.jpg

dscn6067o.jpg

dscn6065a.jpg

Hey Derek I know some people are giving heat to you guys because of all the drama on the weather channel and national news but 29" is one hell of a lot of snow no matter where you live. Now when it warms up or rains the real damage will come. If you have some favorite bushes or trees I would go out and try to get some on the snow off of them before they are damaged from the ice that may come. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I got a picture from Wade's Dr. earlier..

back_pain_skeleton.jpg

Pretty typical of a huge snow storm next comes the flood warnings. Hopefully, it wasn't cold enough to freeze the rivers or you'll have ice jams on top of the flooding.

Dawg, thats a sweet arse snowblower you got. My boss has one of those and I used it a few years ago where I work and that thing throws snow about 60'!!!!!!!! My neighbor and I did about 200' of our road so that we can get out and to work as our road isnt scheduled to be done until Wednesday!!!!! Im not sure if work will be open though as its a private road and a friend who I work with lives near there and he had to snow blow his road also to get out and drove to work this afternoon and there was a 12' wall of snow from the town blocking that road!!!! I spent another 8 hours today and I sort of welcome it if work is closed tomorrow. Between the road, clearing snow off the roofs of my sheds, and digging a way back to the firewood and then fixing all my paths I am beat to the 3rd power!!!

It's our turn now. We are in the middle of a full on blizzard. They shut down the freeways a couple hours ago because it was already drifted over 4 feet. This is going to continue until noon tomorrow. I've already had the snowblower out 3 times today just to try to keep the snow manageable. But I know it's going to be thick again tomorrow morning.

I was 200 miles away in Bismarck for the North Dakota Grape and Wine Associate annual meeting. I was supposed to drive back today but knowing this was coming I left late last night. Almost didn't make it as it was pea soup thick fog and black ice on the roads. I passed a pretty bad accident involving 4 semi trailers and 2 cars. Then every 2 miles there was an other car in the ditch. I'm happy to be home.

The good news, my Cranberry Melomel won the People's Choice award for hobbyist wines in the non-grape category.

Yeah that snowblower is pretty nice. It throws snow pretty far and if you happen to hit one of those stupid little solar powered lights burried in the snow it shoots them ever further...lol

Latest posts

Back