Freakin Blizzard!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Son of a B!tch!! 6"-24" expected here for Friday!!! My back is just getting back to normal from the wind storm last Thursday and cutting up the treee that fell on my moms car and now this! I really need to move the F out of here. Do Palm trees fall often???

So... You must be flustered, 'cause i fixed your Feaking Blizzard title :)

I'd say move to Seattle but the trees still come down, theres just so many that the chance of one coming down on you are real slim, although they seem to get a couple people every winter..

And when it snows here in Seattle, its just a bobsledding contest, whether you really have a bobsled or prefer your car :)

Killer salmon fishing though..

Son of a B!tch!! 6"-24" expected here for Friday!!! My back is just getting back to normal from the wind storm last Thursday and cutting up the treee that fell on my moms car and now this! I really need to move the F out of here. Do Palm trees fall often???
Wade, I have 7 mature palm trees in my lawn, none have ever fallen over. By the way, it hit 89 degrees today and the low will be around 65.

Yeah, I went fishing after work for a few hours to get that out of my system for a little while. Storm is supposed to start around 5 in the morning Friday.

Phil, Im gonna reach through this compute and smack you, 89*!!! LOL

I'm not too upset about the storm hitting me in MA - much better than the ice crap we used to get in DC. If I didn't like snowsports, I'd probably want to move.

Buy a good snowblower, chainsaw, and have fun!

Phil you suck! Incidently, I are you fermenting anything while you're down there.
Sorry about that, No I am not fermenting any wine down here just some sauerkraut which is finished and in the freezer and a couple gallons of Habenero and Ghost hot pepper sauce which is getting really tasty now.
I have been working on replacing the kitchen while watching a dozen empty carboys and wondering why I cannot buy juice or even wine kits in Southwest Florida.
I am in Lee County, there are 665,000 permanent residents and in the winter the population doubles. There is one small ferment on premises operation and one mainly beer shop in the next county over. What an opportunity! I keep telling Rich at Windy Hills that he needs to open a branch in Fort Myers!

Send some our way! We are having another dry Winter. Have had (2) 3" Snows I think. That snow blower I bought 2 years ago. Still looks BRAND NEW....... :(

Just curious, how much snow does NM get that it would require a snow blower?

Send some our way! We are having another dry Winter. Have had (2) 3" Snows I think. That snow blower I bought 2 years ago. Still looks BRAND NEW....... :(
Ooooh, you poor baby!! If its the water from spring thaw I sympathize with ya, if you just miss the snow then bite me! LOL

New York has seen more precipitation this winter than Seattle..... We could use our fair share, quit hoggin it all :sm

Say it isn't snow!

I hope to put in a day at work tomorrow. They say that (by me) the real snow will not start until sunset.

Sure palm trees do not fall down, but falling coconuts account for quite a number of deaths each year. It goes to show you that the grass is not always greener!

Seriously!! We've had probably half a dozen "events" this year and less than 1 inch of total accumulation. It stinks!

sounds like we're scheduled to get our fair share of some thick, heavy, wet snow here in michigan as well...not quite as much as they're talking about out east, but still a substantial amount....i think tonight may just be the night i pull the trigger on the snow blower investment i was planning on making when my tax money came in....my parents' snowblower is on the fritz as well, for the 2nd time this winter...i didn't find out until AFTER the last time we got any substantial accumulation that it had taken a dump and that my stepdad had shoveled by hand....needless to say i was :po...i asked my mom why she didn't say anything and i basically got that they didn't want to bother us....REALLY???....after everything they di for my gf, her sons, our lil ones and i???.....really???....sorry, he may not be my "father", and he and my mom may not have gotten married til i was 18, but i still want to keep the man around....he's in his 60's now....there is no way in hell he should have to go out there and shovel....i have a 15 yr old, 18 yr old, 5 and 6 yr old boys at my house....we would have come over in a heartbeat to take care of it....so i figure if i get my snowblower tonight then if we get hit like they are expecting, there should be no problem clearing both households....

Latest posts

Back