First Batch of Quad Berry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong, impatient, or delusional but it looks like my Zombie Spit (Dragon's Blood) has already cleared overnight!!!! I'm goin to give it a week to make sure, but DANG!!!!! That was fast!!!

image-2420637205.jpg

Once it starts, it goes fast!

I actually racked, degassed and stabilized a Cellar Craft Sterling Merlot a few weeks back that cleared overnight. I was amazed. I still have it in that Carboy, just to be sure, but it's been done a while.

I could be wrong, impatient, or delusional but it looks like my Zombie Spit (Dragon's Blood) has already cleared overnight!!!! I'm goin to give it a week to make sure, but DANG!!!!! That was fast!!!

You must have done a good job degassing.

I guess so. I'm going to put it in front of some light and see if it really is clear.

Here it is in the light. What do you guys and gals think? Look clear to you?

image-263223948.jpg

I'd give it at least the full week. Mine cleared pretty quick too. I'm going to rack and sweeten mine tomorrow and bottle it next week. I could have bottled it this weekend probably but I'm not going to rush it. Plus I am getting some 1gal jugs next week for this stuff.

Yeah. I planned on waiting 2 weeks so 1 week will be a piece of cake!! Lol. I also have to wait on bottles. I have to contribute to my coworkers alcoholism to get them though. :D

Looks pretty clear, but like you said, give it more time.

Does that "regular" Carboy handle work on that Better Bottle?

It's ok. Not the greatest thing but it was all my local winery had. It slipped off my original batch. Luckily, it was only an inch off the floor so no spillage. I don't really trust it.

Looks awesome, Marc! Like you said, leave it set for a week at least. As clear as it looks, it will get clearer. Then I usually rack it, back sweeten, and let it sit for another week. I think it's gonna be great. Way to go!

Edit: If you see any sediment sticking to the sides of the carboy, give her a little jiggle to dislodge that stuff and let it settle. I'll usually do this several times during it's week of clearing.

We had a party last night and me and five other women went through 10 bottles. Now I know why people make so many batches of it.

We had a party last night and me and five other women went through 10 bottles. Now I know why people make so many batches of it.

That's the beauty of Skeeter Pee, it's real good, easy to make, and has a shorter aging requirement. I'm getting ready to start a new batch, stopping by Sams on the way home from work.

dangerdave said:
Looks awesome, Marc! Like you said, leave it set for a week at least. As clear as it looks, it will get clearer. Then I usually rack it, back sweeten, and let it sit for another week. I think it's gonna be great. Way to go!

Edit: If you see any sediment sticking to the sides of the carboy, give her a little jiggle to dislodge that stuff and let it settle. I'll usually do this several times during it's week of clearing.

Thanks Dave! The sides look good so far. Nothing hanging around. I'm going to have to hide it until our party. And make at least 1 or 2 more batches. I just can't wait to drink this stuff!!

Thanks Dave! The sides look good so far. Nothing hanging around. I'm going to have to hide it until our party. And make at least 1 or 2 more batches. I just can't wait to drink this stuff!!
Just be careful. It goes down easy. Wasn't paying attention once and accidentaly drank a whole bottle while playing a computer game. :dg

Lmao!!! I foresee many inebriated nights in my future. I think I spelled that right. Lol

dangerdave said:

Exactly what I do with all my wines. They always have stuff sticking to the ridges so I spin the carboy back and forth a couple inches and it all beaks free

Well, the company I asked about the 12 oz bottles never replied to me. So, I have resorted to buying modelo and having some co workers empty them for me. I should have enough bottles to use on my first batch pretty soon. I know companies are busy and probably don't want to deal with individuals, but come on! They could've at least told me to piss off!!!! Oh well. I'll have the bottles that I want. :D

If anyone is from Wisconsin and is drinking beer for beer bottles, spotted cow its the way to go. Labels come off Sooo easy, just soak in hot water and they fall off and a quick easy hand wipe takes all the glue off, and they are exactly the same as the bottles from the home brew shops!

image-506496986.jpg

Finally got it bottled!!! :D Man has the flavor intensified over the last 2 weeks!!!! It gets more delicious every day!!!!

Back