Drgags...all in for wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats all great and everything but what about my Koi pond!
smiley36.gif

Wade..its a deal. go ahead and get started and i'll be up, just don't wait for me incase I get stuck in traffic or lost.

drgags..you inspired me to post my pictures. Ok whats whith the name? Two guesses, you're a ear, nose and throat dr or a dentist! Just a gues or am I way off?

you got me dan....i happen to be a dentist....but gags is part of my last name.....nickname for a long time...lol

Just thought i would ask ..... what has been your favorite wine, or better yet, a must make kit.......just ordered another white,
Sauvignon Blanc - New Zealand, one of this month's George Specials....but in june, end of june, need to get another going...looking for your opinions. Also later will be posting pics of the cellar, floor and ceiling are in, but those darn racks wont be here for a few more weeks...can't wait.

20100528_202415_P5280807.JPG

so here are the latest pics, you can see the natural slate floor, and above is the door i decided to put in...(just a home depot specail order, nothing spectacular), also a pic of my carboys waiting patiently and my collars....next for my cellar is the racks, mid june.....and then trim everything out and stain door to match mahogany racks....and then stock this baby with lots of good stuff....

Nice set up dr gags. I must be content with my two wine closets. And no pictures please

Maybe if I got a reciprocating saw and some more dry wall. Its just two small closets. One for aging and the other for storing equipment. Now the garage has all the bottles and the kegerator and beer equipment. Wife said I should convert the garage, but its too small for me :)

going to filter my en primeur reisling today, and bottle on sunday...first attempt at both...all my reds are bulk aging as of now....sometime in july will filter and bottle my noble merlot ..... just a side note, the N.Z. Sauv Blanc i recently started smells unbelievably good.....i hope as wine it tastes as good, and i am a red drinker. still waiting on my racks, company says there was a mahogany shortage...so we will see. post some pics of my processes earlier mentioned, so check back.

Sometimes it's hard to find fresh mahogany, and you certainly don't want mahogany that's more than a couple days old. Duh!

I work with wood everyday including Mahogany and havent had a problem getting it but must be different up your way which is usually the opposite.

smiley4.gif
Going to be a great cellar...
Just looked like the entrance door needed a little more something to define the name you gave your winery

Untitled-2-4.jpg

Back