DangerDave's Dragon Blood Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of the reason(s) for his removal (it's not my business), I am going to miss James and his invaluable input into this thread. I will attempt to better field questions/comments, here, to make up for his loss. :(

Carry on!

Oh, No! I didn't catch that. That is really a shame. I will miss James's input, too.

It won't hurt if I wait a few more days to back sweeten and rack again will it? Thanks, Will

No, Will, that would be fine. Wine making is one of the few endevores that denefits from procrastination.

Good job, my man! We will be expecting some pics after bottling. :dg
You might also consider starting another batch as soon as possible. You have been warned! :)

I tried the db about 2-3 weeks ago and boy it tasted pretty bad. I was a little concerned. Tasted it last night again after adding supper clear on Sunday and WOW what a difference! I actually could taste a tad of the berries in it. I can imagine what a little simple syrup and aging will do to this! Can't wait to bottle and drink now!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Wine Making mobile app

I just bottled my DB last week. I haven't tasted it since bottling but hope it gets better. Did tats a bit more alcohol with hint of berries. I added 4 cubs of sugar to it. So hoping it mellows out a bit. Only about 13 % alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Wifey not a fan of it yet :( she doesn't like sweet wines but was hoping she would like this.

I tried the db about 2-3 weeks ago and boy it tasted pretty bad. I was a little concerned. Tasted it last night again after adding supper clear on Sunday and WOW what a difference! I actually could taste a tad of the berries in it. I can imagine what a little simple syrup and aging will do to this! Can't wait to bottle and drink now!

I'm glad it came around. It does need a little sugar (at least) to balance out. Enjoy!

Carlos, I'm sorry the wife does not go for it. More for you, I guess.:br

At first taste I didn't care for mine either. The berries seemed to tart. Give it a week and drink it over ice. It is now my favorite

Danger, I do plan on using 3 pounds per gallon but will probably not do an f-pac. Plus I have some tannin riche extra which brings out a strong vanilla flavor. Will use some and see the results!

Wow, I dont read a thread for a few weeks and return to find my buddy in the "anti-goop" club gets tossed.
too bad. :slp

Anyhow.
Thinking this weekend I am starting a Blueberry/raspberry. except 5 or 6 gallons, not sure yet.
Figure with 3 months until pool opening I have plenty of time to let it sit, age, clear without the use of clearing agents.

But I am going to need some clear bottles, so I guess I should start drinking up last years SP and DB!!!!!
:n

Last edited:
Danger, I do plan on using 3 pounds per gallon but will probably not do an f-pac. Plus I have some tannin riche extra which brings out a strong vanilla flavor. Will use some and see the results!

The vanilla enhancement should be a great addition! Wonderful idea, Chase! Let us know how it goes.

At first taste I didn't care for mine either. The berries seemed to tart. Give it a week and drink it over ice. It is now my favorite

I will try that tonight since it's been a week. Excuse to at least try it. On call tonight so can drink much.

Is DB meant to be served chilled or does it matter?

Thanx

I will try that tonight since it's been a week. Excuse to at least try it. On call tonight so can drink much.

Is DB meant to be served chilled or does it matter?

Thanx

I would say chilled, althought I have put some warm into a glass with ice.
I guess it comes down to preference.
This would be the perfect opportunity for a test. Try one cold, one warm.

I always keep a few in the back of the fridge to make nice and super cold.
but I also tend to drink more DB during the warmer (Ie: hotter) months!

:r

Taste better than bottling day but not great. Taste strong of alcohol. But it should be about 13%. I probably butchered it some how. If anyone wants to send me a bottle so I can have a idea of what a DB should taste like by all means send one!!!!

Back