Commercial wine rack at Sams Club for $80.88

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make my racks out of pine. They will hold about 200 or more bottles.

I can probably make on a little cheaper than the Sams rack but I will not be making anymore. Those are nice.

how much to build one for me; I'll be in FL starting tomorrow..... but you're probably far from Tampa, Orlando, etc.:dg

I built more then I thought I would ever need. I stopped at around 1000 bottles. Since then I bought three of these Seville racks for outside of my wine cellar.

Interesting, I just went to Sam's Club website and this item is no longer available. It is a bit less to order from Sam's even with shipping, $113.98 as opposed to Amazon prime $129.

Well, thanks to this thread I ordered 3 Seville Classic shelve units & 3 extra shelves with 4 extra 36" poles. Paid $89.99 per unit & $9.99 per extra shelf. Purchased direct from Seville in Calif, shipping to Fl. Was $95, all said & done a pretty good deal for me. ( not a member of SAMs or Costco LOL). I plan on adding the extra shelf to the top of the original 7, (195 +- bottles per unit) then I am going to " face" the chrome poles with oak, add oak sides, crown molding at the top with oak plywood lid. Should look REAL nice when finished. Thanks again to WMT for helping me stimulate the economy! Roy

Interesting, I just went to Sam's Club website and this item is no longer available. It is a bit less to order from Sam's even with shipping, $113.98 as opposed to Amazon prime $129.

Don't forget no sales tax on Amazon. (at least in most states) :h

That happens all the time when they run out of stock. You have to check back in a month or so. They will be back in stock soon.

FTC Wines said:
Well, thanks to this thread I ordered 3 Seville Classic shelve units & 3 extra shelves with 4 extra 36" poles. Paid $89.99 per unit & $9.99 per extra shelf. Purchased direct from Seville in Calif, shipping to Fl. Was $95, all said & done a pretty good deal for me. ( not a member of SAMs or Costco LOL). I plan on adding the extra shelf to the top of the original 7, (195 +- bottles per unit) then I am going to " face" the chrome poles with oak, add oak sides, crown molding at the top with oak plywood lid. Should look REAL nice when finished. Thanks again to WMT for helping me stimulate the economy! Roy

The oak facade sounds like a very nice touch!
Post some pictures of your progress if you'd like to share them.

Well my Seville racks arrived today, really nice, very high quality, very easy assembly. Put the first rack together in say 40 mins. Others should be faster. Will still have to "engineer" a way to secure the 8th shelf on top of the standard 7. I ordered the extra shelf & extra 36" poles that I will cut in half to increase the total height when finished to 7 ft. & 192 bottles each. Decided to put down a wood/laminate floor in the Winery before I install the 3racks, then face with oak as mentioned above. It will take some time, mean while I have a 168 bottle rack in the hallway! Roy

I really like that rack. I bought one about 3 years ago and put it together inside a closet, where it resides today.

One note is to be mindful that the Burgundian bottles (chard/Pinot Noir bottles), when stacked on top of each other, can slide off very easily. They just don't have the length of flat surface a Bordeaux bottle has.

One of those bottles sliding off can break one's foot!

Ditto what Robie said. If you stack the bottom row so that the top (neck) rests on the front rail of the shelf, and stack subsequent rows on top of that row but back further so that the bottom of the bottle is against the wall... they are rock solid stable.

You need to be careful when pulling bottles off so that you don't drag the others forward and start a landslide. I've had 2 close calls.

Latest posts

Back