WineXpert Chocolate-Rasberry Port Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mine struggling at a pretty slow rat and is down to 1.015 now and thats with my brew belt keeping it at a cozy 78*.

smiley36.gif
Sorry Wade, I just can't resist- too funny of a picture. You have a Chocolate-Raspberry Port struggling with a slow Rat. Now that conjures up funny pictures of a drunken rat wrestling down a carboy of Port. Look at the pot belly on that drunken
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7926 Edited by: appleman

I racked mine off the sediment yesterday evening and it is now officially "bulk aging"

It has a very definite/defined chocolate taste with a hint of rasberry that did not outlast the chocolate. It is more like a liquer to me right now and I am contemplating adding some more oak as it bulk ages. Perhaps a Bulgarian medium toast would complement the chocolate.

ROFLMAO.....Dont drink Bulgarian buttermilk and type at the same time.
That was supposed to be Hungarian wade !!!

You guys make me wish I could have afforded one of those Chocolate Raspberry Ports when they were available. I look at them and hear the descriptions and just drool all over the floor. Cindy needs to mop the floor up every time I read these posts!
smiley19.gif

MAybe Santa will bring you a bottle or two appleman
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Waldo

I dont think you read that right appleman! Please reread and think about it!

You guys are funny. I am enjoying a glass of the port that would not fit in my carboy or sanitized bottle right now. Yum!
smiley17.gif

Well I have never thought a wine tasted good at this stage of the game. However I have hada quite generous glass this evening and a small glass last night. It is really tasty. I think the choc rasp is smooth and not overpowering but obviously enough to overcome unfinished wine taste!!

Latest posts

Back